• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cross Country a Different Way!

A few shots from yesterday....

glen1.JPG
Mom takes a well timed shot of Laura and Glenn kicking up their heels on the run in.

glen2.JPG
Nice

glen3.JPG
A very proud and happy mom who ran Glenn home.

sj

Attachments

• glen1.JPG
    glen1.JPG
    224.6 KB · Views: 132
  • glen2.JPG
    glen2.JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 138
  • glen3.JPG
    glen3.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 155
This was a completely amazing trip! It's wonderful that Glenn was able to do something so positive in spite of the emotional toll of this disease on the entire family. I'm still bummed that I wasn't here to meet Glenn on his way through Michigan.

Anne.

Glenn shows check in/ok at the beach. An amazing feat. I'm in awe. Months of watching his progress. Congrats Glenn.

What an amazing feat. Congrats to Glenn! This was truly a remarkable once in a lifetime journey. You must be so proud Laura.

Glenn reached his final destination a couple hours ago surrounded by his running buddies and family.

Thank you to all who followed along and cheered Glenn on and to those who reached out in support of Glenn.

In a recent interview, Glenn said that our Dad was a tough act to follow....but I'd say that Glenn is not following at all but rather right along side of Dad. He is truly a wonderful, caring man and I AM so proud of him!!!

Thanks for doing this Glenn! Love you!

Laura

Laura

Great Job!

Did he keep records - like how many pairs of shoes, how many days off, if any other than PA, things like that about the trip? Is he going to do a recap or something like that?

Jack

Kudos Glenn!
Inspirational One foot in front of the other, repeat, repeat, repeat ...... pretty soon, something amazing happens. It was great meeting you.

Wayne

Congrats to Glenn!!! :up:up:up:up:up A serious accomplishment to raise awareness for a serious cause - well done!!

I just read a this article about Laura's brother's run now nine years ago. This group really rolled out the red carpet for him in a lot of places along the way. The family greatly appreciates everyone who stepped up to help Glenn.

We have an incredible group of folks here, just sayin...

BTW, the "guy who loaned him a car and a suit" for his father in law's memorial service, was none other than Rick Papp.

We are still greatful nine years later!

sj

Last edited by a moderator:
I think today is 9 years to the day of his start. So many people from here went out to help him! Some rode along side of him for a few miles, some picked him up, fed and housed him for the night returning him to the pick up point the next day. As SJ said, Rick and Margie took especially good care of him in a difficult time. It seems so long ago to me now...but I remember following along frequently throughout the day as he had a SPOT tracker on him. I watched as he reached the peak of Teton Pass on the webcam there....anything to know he was ok.

Our family is forever in your debt! Thanks all!

cafi

I just read a this article about Laura's brother's run now nine years ago. This group really rolled out the red carpet for him in a lot of places along the way. The family greatly appreciates everyone who stepped up to help Glenn.

We have an incredible group of folks here, just sayin...

BTW, the "guy who loaned him a car and a suit" for his father in law's memorial service, was none other than Rick Papp.

We are still greatful nine years later!

sj

I would like to see a picture of Glenn in Rick's suit. ;)

Back