• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Another Ol Timer Flys North...Joe Virgin

J5Ron

GONE WEST
Valdez, Alaska
A buddies dad passed...

Glennallen resident Joseph Carroll Virgin, 78, died April 10, 2011, at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage.

Services were at my school today...Joe was a great man who I was privileged to know...I feel honored to have taught many of his grand kids, some who are our protecting our country as Navy Seals and Army Rangers...Joe was a family man, and a pilot...some of you may have been past his place at mile 140 in Nelchina...Nice grass strip...Joe flew a Champ and a J-3. Following today's service I flew my cub out to his home and took many of his grand kids for a run around the patch...What an honor...and as I prepared to depart his wife came out...gave me a big hug...and said..."you know Joe would be really happy about the rides...I am sure he's watchin..."
Wow...What a day...what a celebration! May god bless his family...May god bless Joe!

Ron

Ron,
You paid it forward. What a great and honrable thing Ron. May Joe rest in peace knowing he affected your life so you would pass it on. A legacy.
John

Back