• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Grass Strips with fuel from Clearwater PIE to McCall ID

Fortysix12

RanchAero Grand Vista, Brooksville
Ok here's the plan. If you know of a grass strip near you or not near you that sells avgas(for sure) ,self serve would be prefered but not a deal breaker, please post it here with the airport id if it has one and the name. The plan is to fly from PIE to MYL landing and fueling and perhaps camping on grass strips only. Can it be done? We will soon find out. Thanks for your help. Is there an easier way to determine this? Not as fun.

Last edited:
Grass strips with fuel

If you pass through south and central Tx, RWJ Baytown Tx (54T), Mason County, Mason Tx (T92), Kimble Co., Junction, Tx (JCT)

Jeff

There is avgas in the hanger for you anytime you drop in, you know where the key is and if the apt is empty it's yours, hope we are home when you come by this time. The price for the apt is we supply the food and you cook. If you want just leave your Cub here after OK18.

Your killing me Mike, I have been working on my no fuss gourmet camping meals. Looking forward to feeding you and your sweat Patti. I'm going to have two burners this summer. Hope it all works out.

Gaston's has fuel:

http://www.airnav.com/airport/3M0/GASTONS_RESORT

http://www.gastons.com/airstrip.php

No camping though I doubt... but great fishing, great restaurant, and cabins that serve the purpose of getting a good nights sleep.

plane2.jpg

Last edited:
Jeff

If you get this far North you are welcome to stay here. Grass, fuel, maint, hangar, free room and board. Near Rockford, Illinois. C77

Bill

08A just north of Montgomery, AL has gas. Then maybe you can make it to H75, just south of Memphis, although I've never bought gas there. 54M on the east side of Memphis also supposedly has gas. Then you can make it to Gaston's, and once you get into the midwest it is much easier to find gas and grass. Pine Bluff, AR (PBF) also has gas and an old grass strip that you can land on although it isn't published anymore. PBF's fuel is cheaper than most surrounding areas, too.

I did a similar trip last summer. There's places like Emporia, KS (EMP) and Concordia, KS (CNK) that have gas and grass, and I also stopped at LXN (Lexington, NE). Once I got into Wyoming/Montana it seems I had a harder time finding gas and grass.

I uploaded a pdf file from 2006 that lists grass runways with gas. Not sure how accurate it is but it's a good start.

Good luck! Going somewhere without landing on pavement is always fun.

Attachments

• Grass runways with gas pumps.pdf
    118.8 KB · Views: 190
Are you looking for airports with grass only, no pavement? Or are you including airports that are paved and happen to have turf also?

Are you looking for airports with grass only, no pavement? Or are you including airports that are paved and happen to have turf also?

Pavement OK. Goal is to try to not land on Pavement from PIE to MYL. Just a goal for fun. Can it be done is the question. First stop somewhere in bama or SMiSS.

Try my home field. 82J Ferguson on the West side of Pensacola, a few miles east of the AL border. Grass runway and 100LL.

Mound City Missouri(NW part of the state) has a crop duster strip that has 100LL. You would have to call ahead to make sure you could find somebody around.
Kurtz Rural Aviation

Back