• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Long Time reader, 1st time poster

Walrath

Clinton Mo.
EAA Walrath 004.jpgEAA Walrath 007.jpgWalrath from clinton mo.
Experimental ww cub pictures
Wirsig's partner
Were both dumber than a box of rocks, you can ask our wivesEAA Walrath 001.jpg

Attachments

• EAA Walrath 001.jpg
    EAA Walrath 001.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 243
  • EAA Walrath 004.jpg
    EAA Walrath 004.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 222
  • EAA Walrath 007.jpg
    EAA Walrath 007.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 239
High end 2332 w/ a Valley Engineering 2.2 Redrive swinging a Culver 94-60.
Aluminum super case, Forged & shaved crank 84mm stroke w/ chevy journals, H beam race rods, 94mm jugs, ported & polished heads, 1.25 ratio rockers, and an eagle K8 cam grind. Also building a megasquirt tuned port fuel injection & crank trigger ignition w/ redundancy on all electrical.
We should make around 110 hp at climp power setting.

Last edited:
Welcome Walrath!

Wirsig, what RPM's at full power?

I haven't recently been around a high-end 2332 w/ a Valley 2.2 for, like, ever! Assuming Volks-based??

DAVE

It is VW based but with all race parts. We're planning on cruising in the 3's and climbout in the 4's. Engine RPM of 4750 and prop speed of 2159 has the tip at 80% Mach so we'll keep it below 5. The pic below shows what a similar engine produced.
engine.jpg

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 182
attachment.php

Be honest, in that pic were you two making airplane noises with your mouth?????

You better believe it! We had our last EAA meeting at Walrath's where we're building the plane. That's one of our members LeRoy Cook in the front & I'm in the back. LeRoy no more walked in the shop then made a B-line to the plane and climbed in. I hadn't been in it on the gear so I couldn't resist!

Back