• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

1958 SC Interior

jasimmons

Anyone know what the interior colors are for the 1958 Supercub? Panels, headliner, exposed tubes, etc. Thanks.

This may or may not be of help. Our ( January) 1959 PA-18 "95" Delux was purchased in 1964. Mostly original at the time. Dark red and Daytona White cotton covering. The interior metal panels were the same dark red. Exposed tubing was black. Can't remember if it was flat black. The head liner was a gray felt material ( had a zipper in the top). As a 16 yr. old I was given the job after purchase of cutting off the fabric and removing the interior. I remember trying to get felt strips off the cabin tubing that I suppose were there for chafing and vibration of the wall panels. Seems I took a piece of me off while trying to pry/scrape the felt off with my jackknife. Seats/cushions were also a dark red, plastic. Somewhere I have my cutout of the N number and also a seat cushion. The headphone was the rubber type ear cups you see in WWII displays. A large bracket was under the panel holding the "coffee grider" Narco, added by 1st owner. Non original was glider tow installation and a metal floor panel in the baggage compartment. It had been used for aerial mapping in addition to towing single place gliders. All with a C-90. Larry Ciszak

Back