• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Beautiful Day For Pictures

Dan Gervae

FRIEND
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
My 1946 Taylorcraft
10005.jpg
[/img]
10006.jpg
[/img]
10007.jpg
[/img]
10004-1.jpg
[/img]

Hi Dan,

Magic shots of your Taylorcraft!! Great reflections and colour!
My wife used to fly a Taylorcraft on floats as well. As far as I can work out, she flew from Salton sea during the early eightys (?). I think the registration was N39919, possibly a 1946 model.
The doors were configured the same as yours.
Have you heard anything about the status of that aircraft? Just wondering if it is still flying.

Thanks for posting!
Mark

The paint scheme looks like Hickory Brown and Daytona White (Poly-Fiber), same as my old T-Craft, I always liked that combo.

WOW, stunning shots! :)

Darrel Starr said:
Dan, beautiful! Can you tell us about the camera and lens you used ?
Darrel

If you right-click on the images and go to "properties", all the image info is saved :D

Orientation of image: 1
Image input equipment manufacturer: EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
Image input equipment model: KODAK C875 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
Exposure time: 0.0015625
F number: 3.2
Exposure program: 2
ISO speed rating: 64
Shutter speed: 9.33333
Aperture: 3.4
Exposure bias: 1
Maximum lens aperture: 3.4
Metering mode: 2
Light source: 0
Flash: 24
Lens focal length: 14.7
Exposure index: 64
Sensing method: 2
Custom rendered: 0
Exposure mode: 0
White balance: 0
Digital zoom ratio: 0
Focal length in 35 mm film: 70
Scene capture type: 0
Gain control: 0
Contrast: 0
Saturation: 0
Sharpness: 0
Subject distance range: 0

Yea...it's just a point and shoot 8 MP Kodak C875 w/ 5x optical, 10X digital zoom. It shoots nice pictures for what it is.

You just need to be in the right place at the right time :) the lighting is just perfect!

Would you upload the hi-res version by any chance? They would make great wallpapers :tup:

Dan, I am so envious your on good clean water......I spent an entire afternoon rubbing the scum off my Baumanns after sitting in this Misssissippi scum water down here in STL!! The river here has been a challlenge........90 hours on the new floats as of today but they look like they went though an exorcism!!!!!!!!! hope to come up and visit someday and bask in that Michigan water. Your bird looks great. I still get a kick on how you prop it from the left side!!!!!! Hope you get a lot of float time before the ice sets in. Sorry didn't get to chat more at OSH......

Denny
'45 J-3

Hi Denny...I hope to get some good flying in the next two weeks...cause after that the plane is heading to the hangar for the winter...I have some guys lined up to get their seaplane endorsement with me...I'm taking a week off from my real job...so I decided to "work" giving seaplane instruction to a couple of fellows near here :D It's a rough job, but I'll try to get through it.

Really nice pictures. LA at night and all the famous places. When you crossed Watts I thought those were camera flashes going off from the ground, then realized they were just muzzel flashes, sorry my mistake.
Well done send some more.

Bill

Back