• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

C-90 4-line primer

George

Huntsville, AL
My C-90-8F primer has a spider block with a line to each cylinder. Does anybody know what aircraft used this system on a C-90? Was it a modification? The engine log begins at an OH in 1982 with TT unknown.

Primer

George
Can't tell you what the installation was, but my C-85-12F in my first Champ had it and my current C 85-12 in a Champ had the plugs in all the cylinders. After fighting to get the engine started in the winter I changed the primer from spider only to each cylinder. Works great, be Happy.

According the the O/H manual "early" production cylinders had a 1/8" pipe tap hole for a primer jet. Current production cylinders do not provide this option. As mbsyvers says "be happy."

Thanks for the replys ... I was just curious as the system works well when I need it. I'm assuming my C-90 may have originally been delivered on a Champ.

I couldn't find a reference to the threaded ports in the OH manual and the C-90-14FJ had the nozzles ports on the bottom of the cylinders. I will look again.

Back