• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Here it is. Annual Hunting Thread 2010 Version.

Sure would be nice if my friends would keep me up to date on their success so I could discontinue holding animals for them to shoot!!!!!! Mark E.!!!

On the other hand, I did NOT get a call to pack meat.........and I woulda been there if I had.

Good on ya M.E.!!! :D

EDIT: I got an update just now, 3 minutes from the first post.

Just Got Back from this years hunt....great flying weather...very hot in the woods...
Super_Five_Flaps_003.jpg

Not a great moose...nice brow tines...3 and 4 but small palms...60" spread...

Ron

Here's my New Mexico archery bull. While we didn't get close to the really big guys, we had a fun hunt going 2 for 3 with bows. Not a lot of callin' n chasin' going on quite yet.....hated to miss David's memorial Fall Color Tour but I was sure thinking about it.

KyleNMbull1.jpg

Kyle - What part of NM did you drop him? Glad to see the archery hunt was good for a change. It had been pretty rough for several years.

Wiley, we were in the Gila in the Western part of the state.

Last year we hunted further south. Fewer animals (we went 1 for 4) but the one we did kill went 343!

Sbrookfield

It's my father-in-law's rifle. He had one forever untill it got stolen, with a lot of other things, about 5 years ago. He liked it so much that it was the first gun he replaced, and it shoots a really nice group. I think it's kinda heavy but you can reload and shoot fast.

One of the neighbors shot a moose across the street so we used my AeroLift to hang it. My wife thought it was great and took lots of photos. Super clean way to process a moose.

DSCN0492.JPG

DSCN0494.JPG

And here is the results of today's bird hunting trip.

DSCN0497.JPG

J Pyle said:
One of the neighbors shot a moose across the street so we used my AeroLift to hang it. My wife thought it was great and took lots of photos. Super clean way to process a moose.

neat....

I can see headline now "man crushed by broken antler in hanger"

Here are a couple of pics of my hunt 2010. A buddy of mine and I got this one last weekend. We had a great hunt, and got a really nice bull. 55 1/2

moose_2010_017.jpg

moose_2010_014.jpg

Another Beautiful Day in the Grouse Woods

The leaves are past peak, falling big time and helping me with shot placement. Jack and I are really hiking the miles back in the bush. It's hard to justify fall fishing or even bowhunting when the grouse cycle is high and a dog is looking you in the eye.

IMG_2314.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2312.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2327.jpg

Yet another fabulous day

Fins and Feathers Again

Another great day before the snow flys. I'd rather have moose and Dall sheep in my photos but this is what I have in my backyard.

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2420.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

Here it is. Annual Hunting Thread 2010 Version.

Hunting with the Grandsons-doesn't get any better than that!!

October_2010_003.jpg

Not the biggest bull in the barn but only 300 yards from the plane my back couldn't pass up the offering.
Hunt_9-10_021.jpg

Co-Pilots and Wives.
Hunt_9-10_019.jpg

Hunt_9-10_002.jpg

Hunt_9-10_031.jpg

MN Archery Whitetail

My first archery harvest.... A nice 8 point whitetail that field dressed a little under 180 lbs.

Archery20101.jpg
[/img]

Congrats Matt!!! Is that the one you were telling me about?
Headed up to the Lake George area for rifle season in a couple weeks? If so, stop by. Got lot done on my strip extension so fly up. :)
Keith

Scout,

can I come down with Kat?????

Been a bad BAD year here. Got hurt first day of moose hunting, then the pup got her paw smashed, flew her 3 hours to the vet, (did not see a doc for me though) and sent her home in a cast :cry:

Hunted three weeks for moose, non in my freezer yet :oops:

So yesturday afternoon I took Kat out for a walk on the wetlands. Saw a big flock of birds out about 100 yards, so tried tolling them in...

Holly Duck Toller Batman! It worked. Flushed them at 10 yards, shot the first tripple in years, and Kat retrieved all three (she is now just over one year old).

A week ago we tolled in some teal and my friends 9 year old son shot his first duck.

So I am hunting, just not as productively. :crazyeyes:

Glad to see so much success.

Some great shots of the dog and grouse. Those ruff grouse are the best eating in my book. I sure miss eating some good walleye. They are one of the best eating fish. Looking forward to seeing some more big deer being taken by the lower 48 folks. Seasons are just starting. I like that elk too. I would really like to hunt elk and turkey down there. RedBaron send me an email with the pic and I will get it posted up for you. supercub@hotmail.com

One of the 4 moose we harvested this year, this one had the most points but was the smallest spread at 62" (or 64", I can't remember). Happy hunters so a pretty good season.

RB 8)

P9160236.jpg

P9160238.jpg

The rest of the antlers evidently flew a lot better than these did. 8)

And thanks Torch and DC, finally got it.

Back