Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Variations of the PA-18?

Post Thanks / Like

Variations of the PA-18?

Hi All,
    I don't own a cub, would love to someday, right now just have to settle being a fan. Meantime am about to build 1/3 scale RC of one. But.. I have some confusion regarding the various models of the PA-18, some of it may simply be my misunderstanding the verbiage.

As I read it, the PA-18-135 moved the oil cooling scoop from top of cowl to bottom. Here's where I need clarification.. by oil cooling scoop, that is NOT the round filter seen on the bottom of some cowls, or is it? I'm basically interested in the model with the round filter. Exactly which one is it? I'm seeing pics labeling them 135-150, but some pics of 135's don't have it. Can someone please enlighten me?? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

If you're referring to the White/round deal on the bottom of the cowl that this picture shows, that is the air filter.

EDIT: And BTW, I see you are nearby. Do you currently fly (other than RC)? Come on down to Ozark sometime. We're into both real life, and RC aircraft here, having just gotten back into RC last year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey WileyHunter,
    That was what I'm referring to. Is that just a cowl/filter redesign applicable to all 135-150, or is that type cowl specific to a particular model. Am guessing the former.

Only wish was real life flying. Spent most of life trying to get in front seat, something always happened to pull me out.. finally took it to be a msg from the big guy upstairs, so only RC. I'm down in that stretch of woods 2-3 times a year, am always there for the 4x4 event at Byrds Landing. Next time look to be that way will give a heads up.

Been flying gas / electric 3D sport planes, will be at a huge 3D Huckfest in Hot Springs next weekend, (sponsored by flying giants and 3D Hobby Shop), (Hucking is doing 3D at 25' or less, or something thereabouts), and that will pretty much be it for me as far as 3D. Too old to mess with that stuff. Have a Balsa USA Super Cub kit on the way, ready to start doing some pattern flying. Less stress.. don't have to worry about burying 3K or more worth of plane with every twitch of the stick..

You flying real cub I take it?