• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Thank You Supercub.org

RedEye

Side Lake , MN
As you all know, I lost my best friend, and partner in life last Saturday. I just wanted the thank you all for being David's wingmen. His flying was a passion and you all meant the world to him.
I don't have enough words to tell you what a beautiful man he was inside and out. But by reading all of these tributes, I understand now that you all loved him too.

I will miss him everyday of my life, but I will do it with a song in my heart and an airplane in my soul.

Thanks you all for everything you've done.

Shelley Jaranson

God Bless You, Shelley. Let us know if we can be of any help to you. You are a special lady.

Randy

God bless you Shelley and my thoughts and prays are with you. David was an inspiration to me and many others. He will be missed by many. You have a family here.
Erik

I'm so sorry for your loss Shelley. David will be missed everyday. My thoughts and prayers are with you as well as the rest of the family.

God Bless you Shelley. David was an inspiration to ALL who knew him, even if only through the webboard.

We have all lost a great friend.

CloudDancer :anon

Shelley,

David will be dearly missed... Great times and great memories will never be forgotten...Your SuperCub.Org friends will always be there for you, Jean, and family.......

P.A.

Hey Sis. Jill and I miss you and are here if you need anything. Stay strong and remember all the good times with David. We love you.

Even without meeting him face to face, I know David was one of the people that made everyone's life better for knowing him.

I wish to strive to fulfill so many good dreams in life.

God Bless David's family, his friends, and protect his legacy of kindness.

Shelly, feel free to accept any invitation extended to David to visit up here. Anyone that David believed was worth being with, is welcome here.

George

IMG_1442.JPG

Pat, I said that very thing to Shelley this evening in a text conversation we had.

The trip to Alaska this weekend reminded me of what an incredible community we have here. Almost everyone - people who had never met him or barely heard of him included - commented about David's journey.

Laura and I took a scenic flight from Talkeetna to visit Denali on Friday. We did not see the peak, but we weaved our way between clouds and saw incredible things that we would not have seen if "it" had been showing. It was a great ride. I sat in the back, and it was just Laura and I and the Hudson pilot. I believe we were in the same plane that David and I, and Anne Wright were in in 2007 (that year, Dennis Blankenbaker flew us). Laura would probably say I was unusually quiet during much of that trip - it was because I was remembering sharing this experience with my friend, and I guess in my own way, finally saying goodbye to him.

The great joy and pleasure of knowing so many people is sometimes also the cause of great pain. However, if offered, I would never trade.

sj

Totally agree SJ/LJ....First off, kudos to you for being the "head of this family"... SuperCub.org ....That has brought so many fine folks together ... I'm a man of few words but many emotions, and the last week or two for me ( and I speak for all) have been tough.............

P.A.

Shelley:

Steve brought us all together. David solidified us with his spirit and courage. The result is an incredible organization with a common bond. Individuals that share the love of flying, the outdoors and each other.

Keep stong. We all love you and share in you grief.

Mike

Mike Woodson said:
Shelley:

Steve brought us all together. David solidified us with his spirit and courage. The result is an incredible organization with a common bond. Individuals that share the love of flying, the outdoors and each other.

Keep stong. We all love you and share in you grief.

Mike

Mike,, well said...

Shelley,,, David was truly an inspiration,,, and the words of these members arent just words... they come from the heart... he touched everybody he came in contact with....

SteveE

Back