• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

GPS Covert tracking devices

SteveE

SPONSOR
Jenks, OK
As many of you know I had my tractor stolen for a joyride,, and am fortunate I found it.. There has been a rash of thefts around here lately and my buddys trailer got stolen yesterday...

Anyway,, they have these GPS tracking devices that run on 3 or 4 triple a batteries... But I have no clue how they work or how these systems work,,,But I bet somebody in SC.org land knows..

If you can help me out,,, please let me,, or us , know about these devices,,, we could attach them to 4 wheelers,, trailers,, planes,, tractors,, etc...

Do they have to see sunlight to work,, you see cops putting them under cars..

Any help appreciated..... although the best prevention device is a 12 guage,, but I am not always there.. :D

Steve,

You need "DeereStar" so they can shut id down remotely for you...

"Hello this is DeereStar, we don't recommend righting Super Cubs with the 4230."

sj

Steve:

I would like info on this as well. We lost a brand new fisher snowplow out of our machine storage last spring, was close to 3500 to replace it. I would put the new one out as bait with a gps tracker if I could figure it out. Dont know if they would work inside a building or not.

Jim

A GPS unit needs a clear view of the sky and it is hard to hide the ant. A unit that can be put in anything is LoJack

http://www.lojack.com/Pages/home.as...d=3570639201&gclid=CKaY89qbqqACFdRM5Qod62kycg

You can also look at GlobeTrack

http://www.globetrackwireless.com/buydirect.aspx?gclid=CPq_nOScqqACFUFM5QodMgNzbA

They all cost though.

Had one tractor stolen so far and never saw it again.

The best theft device we have come up with is a elect fuel valve with a hidden switch. When you turn on the key, also hit the hidden fuel valve and the unit will run like always. Shut off the motor and the holding relay drops out and the fuel valve is off again. They have to load the unit right where it sits because they won't drive it anywhere. It will only cost you a few dollars per unit to install.

steve said:
Steve,

You need "DeereStar" so they can shut id down remotely for you...

"Hello this is DeereStar, we don't recommend righting Super Cubs with the 4230."

sj

Now that's funny right there. :lol:

Covert Tracking Devices

I fixed my buddy's Corvette with a check valve in the brake system.First time you step on the brake your parked.

Bill

Bird beacon transmitters using 218 or so MHz. There is a generator trailer on an airport near me that has been stolen 3 times.....the range isn’t good, when it goes missing, he flies up and down the wasatch front until he hears it, then drives to the location and pinpoints it, calls the cops.

About a decade ago I was doing allot of down river paddling. One of the outfitters who rented equipment was trying to figure out how to deal with equipment loss. This loss was not just theft but a canoe or kayak washing downstream when someone flips.
There are tracking devices that are compact, waterproof and you track from a phone. They mounted out of site in the watercraft. I do not have time this morning but there are things out there.
Not sure how long the batteries last on these but that was a decade back, must be something good out there.

you guys just gotta know your criminals, the people that take all the neighbors stuff, give me rides up and down the roads to my fields. so far have never lost a thing.

you guys just gotta know your criminals

I thought both of the criminals in ND were already locked up.

A neighbor of mine bought a BMW 740 at a police auction. He brought it home and it took two weeks to clean the inside. Parked it in his garage and left on a trip. Came home a month later and began more work on the car.
A black suburban pulled up in front of his house and asked if they could check out the trunk of the car. Took out a device and explained they had been tracking a drug dealer. When the car didn't move for quite awhile, they decided to check up on it.
Figured my neighbor bore no resemblance to the dealer, so asked for their tracker back.

There's a bunch of small gps devices to use. Spytec has a lot of good ones you should check out.

Back