• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Transferring Ownership to Son

Dan Gervae

FRIEND
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
If I wanted to transfer ownership of a plane to my son...do I just complete the Bill of Sale provided by the FAA and enter in $1 for amount?...or is there some other way that is required or that may be better for me and him?

Bill of sale and registration form and $5 to FAA no sales amount needed for the FAA only if your State has sales tax.

OK---how about this one: How do I change ownership of my plane to a trust? Any trust attorneys out there willing to share some info pro bono?

Thanks

TC

Oh yes---Atty Pierce---"You can trust me----I'm not like the others".

Steve---She's flying like a Swiss watch. Compressions are all high 70's and with one digit of one another. Put 26" Goodyears on this annual. Added 40 pounds and the CG went waaaay forward so now have to add
significant weight waaaay aft. Perhaps not a good idea. haven't flown it yet as the recalculation of proper CG is next week. The 8.5X6 still have two years on them and I already have a buyer for the Goodyears. They'll stay on til next annual. Who knows--perhaps I'll learn to like them. I flew John Meade's fa/law plane up at the WAD. Sure landed nice. BTW---what is the recommended tire presuure to preclude spin?

Back