• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Nevada Triangle

OldCuby

FRIEND
Harpers Ferry, WV
This National Geographic show, "Lost in the Nevada Triangle," probably has been shown before but I missed it. It will play at 4pm EST on the Nat'l Geographic Channel today, March 1. They claim 2000 aircraft lost in the last 50 years!

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/episode/lost-in-the-nevada-triangle-4789/Overview#tab-Overview

If I'm fortunate to ever fly in that area, I'll be sure to get tips from our own "Coyote Ugly!" From his exploits and pics, I'd say he qualifies as an expert, eh?
Jim

Missing aircraft mystery...

could it be the extreamly high density altitude coupled with pilots leaving the coast loaded with fuel and passengers (so under powered), and trying to fight through serious convective activity?

Or coming west at the end of the day fighting the same convective activity when very tired and finding themselves sick and not feeling well, making bad decisions?

I went through there mid-day with the 180. Was just getting warm, but rough and uncomfortable. I choose very high to avoid peaks, but found altitude as a general guide :crazyeyes:

Back