• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

willirw

Alaska
Hello everyone my name is Randy, I just recently joined. I am interested in purchasing a Smith Cub kit from an individual I work with. He purchased it last year and barely got started before loosing interest. He has offered it to me at a fair price. I have a lot of tube & fabric experience as I have rebuilt several cubs and 12's in the past. I would welcome any input from members who have built and fly the Smith Cub. I have visted their web site and spent quite a while looking at the project and am impressed with their workmanship.

Thanks, Randy

Smith Cub

Randy, Welcome to the SuperCub.org site. You will make life long friends through this site and camp and travel with several of us. You could not have found a better site for information. I know several people on here that have either built a Smith Cub or still working on one. you picked a good one and will love flying it. Look forward to meeting you someday.

Bill Ingerson

willirw said:
Hello everyone my name is Randy, I just recently joined. I am interested in purchasing a Smith Cub kit from an individual I work with. He purchased it last year and barely got started before loosing interest. He has offered it to me at a fair price. I have a lot of tube & fabric experience as I have rebuilt several cubs and 12's in the past. I would welcome any input from members who have built and fly the Smith Cub. I have visted their web site and spent quite a while looking at the project and am impressed with their workmanship.

Thanks, Randy

Randy....

Two things....

1. The search here will be your friend...

2. You need to find out if your smith cub tail is welded on correctly. I know this was a manufacturing problem on the early kits and needs to be corrected so your tail has the proper AOA in reference to the wing.

You can start with this link to help find info on it:

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=site:supercub.org+smith+cub+tail+attach+wrong

Tim

Look at cubus maximus in the photo section. Avery complete pictorial on building a smith cub. And welcome to the site

New Member Activation?

Does anyone know the current waiting time for activation of member status? I joined on Sunday 2-14-10. I asked in an email yesterday but no reply yet. I understand most orgs are run by volunteers, I just wanted to know what to expect. Thank you all.
Dan

Re: New Member Activation?

intpts said:
Does anyone know the current waiting time for activation of member status? I joined on Sunday 2-14-10. I asked in an email yesterday but no reply yet. I understand most orgs are run by volunteers, I just wanted to know what to expect. Thank you all.
Dan

Dan-

Steve is in Graham right now at the seminar...... My guess is he will email you tonight.
Tim

Back