Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PA-18 Paperwork

Post Thanks / Like

PA-18 Paperwork

Hello everyone. I am new to the group and would appreciate any advice you can provide. I am comteplating a Supercub project and am wondering what a good set of papers (ie data plate, airworthiness cert., registration, and W/B) would cost. Again, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Kent

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi 494,

There has been a lot of discussion about this over the years. The "Search" function can help you track some of this down to look at the older threads about it - although a simple search on paperwork yields a lot of results.

"logs" might be a better search, just guessing.

The search function is at the top just under the "home of all things pa-18"

sj
    "Often Mistaken, but Never in Doubt"
    ------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PA-18 Paperwork

Quote Originally Posted by 494
    am wondering what a good set of papers (ie data plate, airworthiness cert., registration, and W/B) would cost. Again, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Kent
    I'd say they were worth about $1.25 without a substantial part of the associated airframe to satisfy the FAA.

John Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    There for sale off and on all the time and most are asking around $5000, If your going to build I would go exp.??

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone for their input. This gives me good insight to work with.

Kent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Longwinglover
    am wondering what a good set of papers (ie data plate, airworthiness cert., registration, and W/B) would cost. Again, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Kent
    I'd say they were worth about $1.25 without a substantial part of the associated airframe to satisfy the FAA. I know this is an old thread but I just ran accross it . A data tag with good paperwork is worth at least 5k and could be worth a lot more with a good collection of field approvals. There are a lot of cubs out there built off of data tags and they are some of the nicest because they are new.
    If you ball up your cub and buy a new fuselage, then decide to put in a 180 while you are rebuilding what is the difference? If anyone out there has a data tag and logs from a 180 hp cub with a field approval for a pawnee prop let me know I might give you a bit more than $1.25 for it.

John Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Longwinglover

Kent
    I'd say they were worth about $1.25 without a substantial part of the associated airframe to satisfy the FAA. I know this is an old thread but I just ran accross it . A data tag with good paperwork is worth at least 5k and could be worth a lot more with a good collection of field approvals. There are a lot of cubs out there built off of data tags and they are some of the nicest because they are new.
    If you ball up your cub and buy a new fuselage, then decide to put in a 180 while you are rebuilding what is the difference? If anyone out there has a data tag and logs from a 180 hp cub with a field approval for a pawnee prop let me know I might give you a bit more than $1.25 for it.

John Scott