• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Miss Daisy on Skis

My big fat skis....

19637_269594012506_736407506_3502008_7463418_n.jpg

Hey John You could Just tie down outside and fill the hanger with stuff, or let cliff put his plane in your hanger and let him use your ski plane. winter outdoors is sure hard on a plane but probably not even close to Cliff. Cliff why have you been so quiet?

Douten the other cub is gone and it did not take long to fill the hangar with CRAP. Time to fire up the 4 wheeler and shovel some snow in the hangar. I have a job going in Plymouth New Hampshire so I have the entire back of the hangar filled with Ice Rink headers and pipe. This all leaves in a couple of weeks. Cliff will be fine once the rash goes away :oops:
Glen is right get that crap out of the way and have a drive through for the tractor or the 4 wheeler to tow her in and out. I do like the grocery store rollers. Great idea Larry.
John

Webfoot said:
Miss Daisy,

I would recommend putting the scott 3200 on so you have some steering action, which sooner or later you are going to need (yikes, no brakes!!!)
I have flown cubs on skis in Alaska for 20+ years without a tail ski. The cub has enough power to "blow" the tail up. But, thats my experience, and I know for the really deep, soft stuff, the tail ski would be an advantage, and some guys like them. But if you are taxiing around the ramp, the scott steers better. The BB doesn't steer hardly at all.
Webfoot

Not all of us get to fly in shallow dry snow all the time :crazyeyes:

Hi John, I flew by the WAD 2 weeks ago in the skyhawk. Had customers on board so I didn't land. I hope to get the PA-12 out there some time soon. How did all the rain and warm weather affect the snow. If we don't get some more snow here in MLT I'm going to put my wheels back on.

Talk to you soon.

I was just reading your ski/hanger problem. I built a set of dollies that slide easily under straight skiis. Not much to them, Jeff Campbell and I both use them to taxi across the ramp as well as put the planes in the hanger. When we taxi out to the ski runway they just stop in the snow ahd the ski slides off into the snow. I think I had $200 in wheels and tires and other material and a couple hours welding and fabrication. Next time you are in MLT check them out.

Trimcable, it's nice to see you posting. Welcome to the fray!

Hi Tony,
Good to see you up and posting. I will find out on Friday what the warm rain did to us. How are you able to slide the dollies under the skis?
John

Hi John, I just put the dollies in front of the ski and roll the tires back. With the slippery plastic bottoms I slide them easily to the pedestal. If some one is with you a little up pressure on th wing strut makes it real easy.

Hi John, I e-mailed 7 pics to you at preferred mechanical. That is the only e-mail address I had. Let me know if they get there o.k. Tony.

Man...(sniff, sniff).... :(

Sure wish I had ME a ski'n airsheen to play with. :-? Oh well. I'm headed to the Golden Heart City on the (frozen) Chena River (FAI) in about three weeks. Maybe some SuperCubber'll feel sorry enuff for me to gimme' a ride..... :wink:

Whaddya' say Torch? Maybe you'll make Volume IV.

Cloud(beenonthegroundTOOLONG)Dancer :anon

Back