• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

That Sport Cub Smile

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
I was have some wings at a sports bar for lunch and I saw an American Express add with a bunch of smiles made from varying objects, the last of which is what appeared to be a yellow sport cub...

Very cool!

sj

You guys haven't been watching NFL football much this fall if you just noticed that one..... 8)

It's even been mentioned on here before.

MTV

I wondered what was up with all those guys in funny outfits running around on all the TV's. It was Sunday so I assumed it was some kind of organized religion.

sj

That's SPORT CUB #003, and it was the first customer delivery, September of 2006. It was ferried from YKM to ATL, then ATL up to NYC. Very first delivery and it was just about as far away as it could possibly be.

Clay Hammond said:
That's SPORT CUB #003, and it was the first customer delivery, September of 2006. It was ferried from YKM to ATL, then ATL up to NYC. Very first delivery and it was just about as far away as it could possibly be.

Hi Clay - it's my plane - N606RJ #003. Didn't you fly it cross country? Andrew Simmons got it the last leg from Philly.

We shot the ad in August. The hardest part was washing the plane in the 95 deg heat at Andover - 12N.

I love that plane. It's doing great - in annual now.

Michael

Hi Michael,

I did indeed fly it from YKM to my field office in Atlanta (read: my dad's hangar/house ;-)) where we gave her a good going over before she launched on that last leg. Andrew picked it up from there, there's video of him taking off from the strip, I'll have to see if I can load it up onto one of the online sites. Glad to hear you and she are doing well!

mvivion said:
You guys haven't been watching NFL football much this fall if you just noticed that one..... 8)

It's even been mentioned on here before.

MTV

Come on Mike, he doesn't read his own website. :lol:

Back