• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New aeromatic propeller on MY 0 200

FWIW recently I heard a rumor about Tarver losing his production certificate or something.
Checked the aeromatic.com website and found this posted:
"Until further notice, the FAA has put me out of business for certifiec propeller work."

Hello my name is Sam & I have a PA-12 with an aeromatic prop & i am looking to put one on my PA-11 also. If you have a few minutes I would like to speak to you on the phone because I have a couple of questions I would like to ask you.
My number is 530-624-0072.
Thanks Sam.

FWIW recently I heard a rumor about Tarver losing his production certificate or something.
Checked the aeromatic.com website and found this posted:
"Until further notice, the FAA has put me out of business for certifiec propeller work."

There would be a pretty good market for the experimental crowd, or am I missing something? Maybe even better, more sales, then for the certified planes? Selling to both markets makes the most sense. A Rotax version would sell like hotcakes, and I'd be first in line.

There would be a pretty good market for the experimental crowd, or am I missing something? Maybe even better, more sales, then for the certified planes? Selling to both markets makes the most sense. A Rotax version would sell like hotcakes, and I'd be first in line.

Looks that is what they are doing:

"Notice
:
We are servicing home built aircraft only."

http://www.aeromatic.com/

Also, looks like they have them working on O320 abd O360 engines.

http://www.aeromatic.com/disclaimer/

Last edited:
Once again, the lightweight Rotax kinda changes things....as in adding 34 pounds to the nose of my S-7 would be a huge weight gain, percentage wise, and all in the wrong place. I sure like the concept though. Oh yeah, and I just remembered, I'm flying under the LSA regs these days, and the Aeromatic may not be compliant with that. My 78" Prince P tip prop works great, and only weighs 8 pounds, (7 lbs 10 ozs. actually, not counting the hub) and has a great side benefit of making a real low toned, pleasing to (my) ear sound. I didn't realize it until watching a video someone shot of me flying, that prop masks the whir of the Rotax and sounds real old timey, almost radial engine like, as my actual prop speed is quite low. Flying low over cattle yesterday (not buzzing them, they were just in my flight path....) none ran, most didn't even look up, 30' above them. Livestock make great audio test beds, horses even better.

I didn't look closely enough at the Tarver site to realize that they're only good for up to O-235. They used to hang them on 200 horse Rangers as I recall. I've also heard of a Ranger throwing a blade, and shaking the engine right off the mount in a matter of seconds.
I'm more inclined toward a controllable prop. I guess MT has one, but they're pretty spendy. and I'm not sure of what they're approved on anyway. The other controllable are the old ones such as the beech Roby, etc. Never seemed to catch on so maybe that kinda sez something about their suitability.

Eric

Eric,

MT 2 blade is approved on your 180. Great prop, I have had 3 different ones on a couple of Husky’s, I really like them and think they are worth the money. Speaking of money, all props are pretty darn expensive when you actually compare them all (new prices).

Kurt

Edit. Just realized this was an old thread after I posted.

Last edited:
Eric, MT 2 blade is approved on your 180. Great prop, I have had 3 different ones on a couple of Husky’s, I really like them and think they are worth the money. Speaking of money, all props are pretty darn expensive when you actually compare them all (new prices). Kurt
Edit. Just realized this was an old thread after I posted.

Yeah, I started reading at the top, then realized this thread was started 10 years ago.
Wow how time flies!
An aeromatic prop mighta been just the thing for the C150/150TD I owned back then,
my current mount (C180) has an 88" Mac that I'm pretty happy with.

Back