• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Happy Birthday Marines

Happy Devil Dog Day and thanks to those Marines on here who served. This day was a special one to my Dad. He was a WW2 Marine rifleman and he would get me to take he and his buddies out on this day back in the late 80's and early 90's. They were all 4th Marine Division WW2 vets and they were characters. They were all in their early 80's the last time I had to breakup a bar fight they started with kids in the bar. They must have been a handful back in the day as I had a helluva a time keeping them out of trouble as seniors.

Hoisting one to my Dad and his buddies. All gone now, but certainly not forgotten.

PJJ

And just for all of us that can relate...

Web

Attachments

• marines_fun-1.jpg
    marines_fun-1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 80
Aviation ordnance MOS 6531
VMA 214 A4s El Toro, Dec 73-74
VMFA 235. F4s. Kaneohe Bay, 75-77
My back still hurts from humping bomb and I can’t hear a thing, but it was the best experience of my life. Semper Fidelis!!! Thanks to all who had the courage to serve along side me before, during, and, after those troubled times.

Proudly carry my uncles name. LCPL Arthur L. Mills KIA April 12, 1968 Quang Tri Province at 19 years of age……anytime I hear the word Marine I think of him.

Attachments

• 6BD6B22B-C116-45CF-A66B-20F54A83B009.jpeg
    6BD6B22B-C116-45CF-A66B-20F54A83B009.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 678
Lou,

Don't know if you recall Gary Garvey who was in metal shop at Los Al. He surfaced at a Popasmoke reunion about six years ago. Gary went over to RVN and flew with 167 at MMAF. When he came back home he got out and went to divinity school and became a Methodist minister and went back into the USAF as a chaplain and retired as a Lt Col. Gary has not changed a bit--I walked up to him and started giving him the pin about Los Al. He couldn't believe anyone would remember him from there. He lives in WI or MN I believe summers and FL winters.

Proudly carry my uncles name. LCPL Arthur L. Mills KIA April 12, 1968 Quang Tri Province at 19 years of age……anytime I hear the word Marine I think of him.

I was at Quang Tri Combat Base 1968-69 at the Air Station with Marine Observation Squadron Six. Semper Fidelis and God Bless your family.
Tom Constantine-- Master Gunnery Sergeant USMC ret Our call sign was Seaworthy

Happy 247th Birthday Marines!! Not sure I'm real happy with the direction this CMC is taking us. I think I served in the best of times.
Jarhead sniper.jpeg

Attachments

• Marine door mat.jpeg
    Marine door mat.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Jarhead sniper.jpeg
    Jarhead sniper.jpeg
    361.4 KB · Views: 49
We look darn good for 247 yo, lol.

Web

Attachments

• foriegn.jpg
    foriegn.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
Just wished my newly promoted USMC Captain Jackson Happy Marine Corps Birthday. He answered hopefully getting an early release from duty today to celebrate.....my guess is his ranking officer will do just that. Both of us will be hoisting one tonight for Cpl Jackson his grandfather who would be one proud smiling Marine seeing his grandson in a flight suit with those Captain's bars.

It must be my allergies making my eyes tear up.....

Thank you all Marines for your service and enjoy the night.

Yes, we do look good for 247 years old. And my son, born on this day, looks good for 50! Happy Birthday Colin.
Lou

Happy Birthday My Brothers !
S/F
Dad - 5th Marines , ANGLICO ,1st Marine Division ,Korea 1951-1953
Me - Comm Co , HQ BN , Air & Naval Gunfire Plt 2Mar Div & 3rd Bn , 6th Marines
Bro Bill ( next youngest) Commanded VMFA ( Marine Fighter Attack) Squadron 212
Bro Pat ( youngest) 2nd Bn , 6th Marines , 2nd Mar Div , Beiruit

Last edited:
Happy 248th Marines! And good night Chesty Puller, where ever you are.

IMG_0158.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0158.JPG
    IMG_0158.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 32
Marine is a verb not an adjective (SSGT Green OCS 8/84)

Happy Devil Dog Day to all the Marines out there. I thought the group might like to see what Marine Corp aviation is up to given the news and movements of our assets to the Middle East.

My Marine is in the thick of it. He isn't allowed to say which Middle East country (they were previously in Greece) he and his C-130 detachment are flying out of but the ADS-B data is public and we are operating very close to Gaza. Here is a link to their tracks:

https://www.ads-b.nl/track.php?AircraftID=11407764&datum=20231107&selectmove=month

Squadron callsign is OTIS and that ADS-B tracker site has their public (ok for bad guys to see) tracks. That mission was an aerial refuel and at 6,000 in the AR tracks they were in AR with Ospreys or low level F-35'd (less likely). Very odd to sit here in my office and watch him fly missions and be able to live track them. Helicopter parenting has reached a new high (or low) with sites like this.

Mom and her Marine (he said he looks like a hippy because they have to grow out their hair on deplyments to not stand out)

IMG_0990.jpg

If you have a spare moment to stop and say a prayer for all of our military that is deployed to a powder keg region you will join a proud Mom and Dad who are praying a bit more than usual.

Semper Fi

Attachments

• IMG_0990.jpg
    IMG_0990.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 36
Back