• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Happy Birthday Marines

Gunny

WA
To all my Marine bothers and sisters here at SC.org and around the world. Happy Birthday!!!:flag :pty:

Semper Fi!!

Amen to that. It warms the cockles of my heart to know that in this politically correct world we live in there are still some people who know
it's their job to Kill People and Break Stuff and we all live better lives
because of it.

Hoo Raa Gunny

You too. Today is also my son, Colin's birthday...makes a Marine proud!!

Lou

PS...Tom C....reminds me of Los Al in '66.

Semper Fidelis!

Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
Ned Dolan

You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are.
Father Kevin Keaney
1st Marine Division Chaplain
Korean War

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on?
Gen. John W. Vessey Jr., USA, Chairman of the the Joint Chiefs of Staff
during the assault on Grenada, 1983

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

Sgt Shane Jolin
USMC 1994-1998
2nd Battlion, 1st Marines
Weapons Company

The Commandant's Message.

UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS BIRTHDAY MESSAGE - 10 NOVEMBER 2009
Date Signed: 10/5/2009
ALMAR Active Number: 033/09
R 051329Z OCT 09
UNCLASSIFIED//
ALMAR 033/09
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
SUBJ/UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS BIRTHDAY MESSAGE - 10 NOVEMBER 2009// GENTEXT/REMARKS/

1. UNITED STATES MARINES REPRESENT THE BEST YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN OUR NATION HAS TO OFFER. TO BE A MARINE IS TO BE A MEMBER OF AMERICA'S WARRIOR CLASS - TO BE ONE OF THE FEW WHO STEPS FORWARD WITH THE COURAGE AND CONVICTION TO FACE WHATEVER DANGERS AWAIT. OUR NATION EXPECTS HER MARINES TO BE READY WHEN THE NATION CALLS; TO LEAVE FAMILY AND THE COMFORTS OF HOME BEHIND; TO MARCH INTO BATTLE AND THRIVE UNDER AUSTERITY; AND TO COME HOME UNDER A VICTORY PENNANT.

2. FROM AL ANBAR IN THE WEST OF IRAQ, TO HELMAND PROVINCE IN THE SOUTH OF AFGHANISTAN, OUR CORPS OF MARINES CAN ALWAYS EXPECT TO BE FOUND WHERE THE FIGHT IS TOUGHEST. SUCH IS OUR HISTORY. TODAY, AS WE WRITE THE FINAL CHAPTER ON OUR VICTORY IN IRAQ, WE WILL INCREASINGLY TAKE THE FIGHT TO THE ENEMY IN AFGHANISTAN AND ADD NEW PAGES TO OUR LEGACY IN PLACES CALLED DELARAM, NOW ZAD, AND GARMSIR. ONE DAY, WE WILL RETURN TO OUR NAVAL HERITAGE AND PATROL THE HIGH SEAS WITH OUR NAVY BROTHERS. SUCH IS OUR FUTURE.

3. AS WE CELEBRATE OUR CORPS' 234TH BIRTHDAY, WE FIRST PAUSE TO REFLECT AND PAY TRIBUTE TO THOSE MARINES WHO HAVE GIVEN THE LAST FULL MEASURE IN DEFENSE OF FREEDOM. WE EXTEND OUR DEEPEST GRATITUDE TO OUR MARINE CORPS FAMILIES - THE UNSUNG HEROES WHO ENDURE HARDSHIP AND SACRIFICE SO THAT WE ARE ABLE TO GO FORWARD AND ACCOMPLISH ANY MISSION. WE EXTEND OUR APPRECIATION TO OUR COUNTRYMEN WHO HAVE ANSWERED OUR EVERY NEED. AND WE CELEBRATE THE MAGNIFICENT MEN AND WOMEN WHO WILLINGLY AND SELFLESSLY CONTINUE TO GO INTO HARM'S WAY TO PROTECT THIS GREAT NATION.

4. TO ALL WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE, TO THOSE WHO WEAR THE UNIFORM TODAY, AND TO THE FAMILIES THAT GIVE US THE STRENGTH TO FORGE AHEAD - I WISH YOU ALL A HEARTFELT HAPPY 234TH BIRTHDAY!

5. SEMPER FIDELIS! JAMES T. CONWAY, GENERAL, U.S. MARINE CORPS, COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS//

As a friend of mine says if you call him a former Marine. "I'm not a former Marine, I'm just infiltrating the civilian population".

Happy Birthday to all Jarheads!!!! Young, Old & in between.

From a (currently) non-flying, normally lurking Marine.

I shouldn't be working today. After all, it's my other Birthday.

0311, 1969-1972 :flag

Always smell it first!!! :-?

The brotherhood of Marines is something to behold.

Our 18 year old son is on his 8th day as a U.S. Marine, currently at MCRD San Diego, and I admire him greatly for having the determination to go ahead and do his part.

Thank you all for recognizing an amazing group of people who continue to uphold the freedoms that we enjoy every day. Let's not take them for granted.

Annual GoDaddy Marine Birthday card:
http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/holiday/usmc2009/

THE TITLE
It cannot be inherited
Nor can it ever be purchased
You and no one alive
can buy it for any price.
It is impossible to rent
and it cannot be lent.
You alone and our own
have earned it
with your sweat, blood, and lives.
You own it forever.

The title
"UNITED STATES MARINE"

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”
(John Stuart Mill)

Happy Birthday gents and Thank You.

Bill

Happy 243rd birthday Marines

The few, the proud, the Marines. Happy birthday to all, and have a great celebration.
Willie
1963 - 1989
https://www.military.com/daily-news...eo-features-vietnam-war-hero-john-canley.html

Marine quote.jpg

Attachments

• Marine quote.jpg
    Marine quote.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 329
Semper Fi, Macs. In memory of my Uncle Ora Glidden, Fourth Marines. WWII. Tarawa. Saipan. Iwo Jima. All under the age of 19. May you sit above the salt at the table.

Happy 244th birthday to all Marines. A toast from General Wilson:
VMF 112 F8s.jpg
[FONT=&quot]THE WONDERFUL LOVE OF A BEAUTIFUL MAID,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot] THE LOVE OF A STAUNCH TRUE MAN,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]THE LOVE OF A BABY, UNAFRAID,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] HAVE EXISTED SINCE TIME BEGAN.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]BUT THE GREATEST OF LOVES,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] THE QUINTESSENCE OF LOVES,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]EVEN GREATER THAN THAT OF A MOTHER,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] IS THE TENDER, PASSIONATE, INFINITE LOVE,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OF ONE DRUNKEN MARINE FOR ANOTHER.

Have a great celebration!

Willy[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Attachments

• VMF 112 F8s.jpg
    VMF 112 F8s.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 210
I would extend thanks to all of our Veterans not only on Veterans Day but every day We owe them a great deal regardless of which branch of service in which they served and regardless if their function was active combat or support.

Lets extend our thanks to all to all of our Veterans regardless of which part of our team they served with

Late to the party this year, but I was thinking of ya! Happy birthday, Devil Dogs!
Johnny
88-94

Happy birthday, brothers.
If you haven’t yet watched, check out We, the Marines on Netflix. Narrated by Gene Hackman, it’s obviously a recruitment film but hits many marks for anyone who has served in the Corps.

Happy Anniversary, Mac! In memory of the Marines in my life, including my Uncle, Ora Glidden (Tarawa, Saipan and Iwo Jima), and my neighbor, Bob Laverty (Edson's Raiders, Guadalcanal and Coastwatching Missions in the New Georgia Group --see "Lonely Vigil" by Walter Lord).

And to my brother in law, Greg Gervais, a decorated Marine Recon Sniper in Gulf I. And, though I never met him, William Manchester, who taught me to read of great accomplishments of ordinary men in extraordinary times. The United States Marines.

You all Stand Above the Salt. And may the Marines someday, somehow, impart the meaning of duty to country to the shameful safe spaces of those who haven't realized that freedom is a hard fought and won right long past the memories of many a nation.

I grew up with a Dad who was a rifleman in the Pacific (Kwajalein, Roi Namur, Saipan, Tinian, and Iwo Jima). He saw hell and I can honestly say I never saw him kill or hurt a living thing growing up. He wasn't over the top about it, I just think he saw enough death.

Here are a couple of memories that make me smile.

When I asked him why he picked the Marines he said they let him out of school and when he went to the Armory the Army and Navy had huge lines. He went to the desk with no line and a few short months later was in a landing craft heading to a beach with a rifle in his hand.

I took him back to the islands (Saipan, Tinian, and Iwo) with Military Historical Tours in 2006. That was amazing and I highly recommend that trip to anyone.

He was one of the first Marine classes through Pendleton and when we went back to visit the base commander would meet us at the gate plop us in a Humvee and say Corporal Jackson has free roam of the base today. He loved that.

I used to be the designated driver for the 4th Marine Division WW2 vets on the Marine Corp birthday. Watching a bunch of 70 somethings celebrate that day (and almost get into a few bar fights) is a great memory. I miss each one of them.

I went through Marine OCS in college and was in for flight school when I found out being a sole surviving son (My brother was killed on active duty in 1969) I couldn't get a combat posting without a waiver. The called it the Sullivan rule for the family that lost all of their sons in WW2. In 1987 I was the only guy in Marine Officer training that had that designation and would have likely flown a desk, so I went civilian for my flying.

Today I have a Marine Officer for a son. He is in flight school in Pensacola (I have posted that here before) and carries on a family tradition. We are very proud of him and on the Marine Birthday and Veterans Day we remember all of our family that served.

Thank you all on here who served also.

PJJ

Back