• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

135 check ride/ dynon efis

Jeff

I took a check ride with the FAA for my new business on Friday. the examiner put me under the hood, and made me do an approach into my home Airport.
I have a dynon d10a and a 296 in my cub, I have not flown the plane under a hood with just these instruments. I can't get over how good of a set up this is, It's almost like playing a video game. I think the efis should be legal to put in any airplane. The difference between the efis and a regular artificial horizon, is just amazing.
I wont be going out and looking for bad weather, but I know that if I get into a place I should not be I know I can get out.
Jeff

Great it all worked so well for you.

Do you have a regular old vacume style Horizon in your cub, As a Primary A/H ?

And how did you get the dynon approved? I've heard of people getting a 337 form filled out listing the doynon as a "Standby" A/H...

Ruffair,
I don't have anything else, just the dynon. It was in the plane when I bought it. It was 337nd when the plane was rebuilt.
According to the guy that works on my plane I am lucky to have it signed off, he has been trying and can't get one signed off.
Jeff

Back