• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Wing strut identification PA-18

Alaska_Rallyer

I do not have logs on these wing struts. Are there markings that i can find or are there differences between the manufacturers.

strut.jpg

strut_2.jpg

strut_3.jpg

univairs lifetime have 5/8" forks are cad plated.... and a circle "U"on upper fitting mark... not sure on later forks..

Airframes lifetime have 5/8" stainless forks only I think.....

"U" with and "A" in it for Univair Aircraft stamped at the wing attach end like Mike said. Univair started using stainless forks a few years ago.

Thanks. I will let you guys know what i find.
I was hoping that one company has different welding or construction techniques that are obvious when looking at them.

Ok you are all right. The Univair struts are easy to spot with the stainless forks and the U stamp clearly on them.
The other obvious difference is where the fork screws into the strut. The struts in my first post are Airframes with a very smooth appearance. The Unavair struts have a protruding plate within the weld. THANKS

Univair struts

strt.jpg

Steve do you know if Univair makes longer 5/8 forks? Also would they make longer PA-18 lift struts?

Back