• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New Icom A200?

cruiser

South Glens Falls, NY
Anyone have a line on a new Icom A200? They are now discontinued and all of the supply house I am aware of are out of stock. That's what procrastination gets ya! Jim

Same here!

I finally decided to go get one about a week ago after putting up with my old radio for so long. And to my surprise, Northern Lights in Anchorage said they sold their last one a couple weeks before. After looking on the net, I wouldn't mind getting the 210 (around $1050 after rebate), but they are not TSO'd. If anyone knows of any 200s available, or something different about the 210 being TSO'd please post here. Thanks in advance.

I bought one back in January. Spruce & Chief were sold out but Pacific Coast Avionics had them in stock. Glad I got one before they were completely gone, I didn't see anything about the 210 that makes it any "better" than the 200, other than costing a couple hundred bucks more.

Eric

My wife and I are headed to KOSH at the end of the month, I'm hoping I might be able to find a used one there. If not, I guess I'll try to find another light TSO'd brand or something. Any suggestions on something comparable and reliable like the A200? ~Tim

What's the difference on TSO'd vs Non-TSO'd? Just a sticker isn't it? Get a field approval for A210? Just a thought.

Anyone know if the Anchorage feds have been pretty good about field approving these Non-TSO'd 210s? If so, gotta name of the inspector?

My understanding is you don't need a TSO'd radio if your plane didn't come with one originally. There is a thread on here somewhere with some more info on this.

I think that this TSO business is a lot of BS. King made thousands of KX170 and KX170B nav-coms. Where did they go? I know of a few airplanes which had them installed at the factory when the planes were built. They were IFR legal too. The KX175 was the same radio with a tag on it and $100 more money.

If I am wrong, I would be happy to read the regulation that says that TSO is required and under what circumstances. To date, I haven't seen anything.

Back