• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

My new 0-375 ride just completed

palhal

Clovis, CA
This is my new 0-375 powered ride after 2 1/2 years of hard work.

[img]http://www.supercub.org/photopost/data//512/medium/021.JPG

020.JPG

018.JPG

Looks like it should be close to a helicopter. That big panel on the back of the cowl sure looks like it should make for good access.

I have stopped to see Palhal from time to time while he was building this Cub up. The workmanship on this airplane is outstanding. These pictures don't do it justice. All of his airplanes that he has restored have been really something to see. I can hardly wait to see this one fly!!!!

DW---Haven't flown it yet. I should have started my paperwork sooner. I hope to get the paper work back from Oak city in a couple of weeks. I sure want to take it to Johnson Creek.

Its an 0-360 with a 3/16" longer crankshaft stroke. Aero Sport Power builds the Engine with ECI parts.

Harold I'm jealous WOW what a masterpeice bring it JC then we can go up to the Elk River Red Neck Mens Club spend a few days then go to Northwest Super Cub flyin and shoot it out in the competion fun fun Your friend Mikeo

ECI makes one crank forging. They can get the 125, 150 & 180 hp crank from that single forging. They had a little material left over and decided to grind the longer stroke crank. There has been a few running for several years now with great success. My compression is only 8 1/2 to 1.

Mikeo that won at Valdez is running one.

You probably can get one for around $26,000.

Wow, that thing is kick A**!!! Nice job! What are your parts from? What is your empty weight?

Is that the bolt on slat kit? What do those cost?

You have a lot to be proud of. GL on first flight!

Mikeo---Thanks, I screwed up not getting the paperwork started soon enough. If I get the papers back from Oak city soon enough I will make it to JC.

Buggs66----It has a 90" MclCauley, lowered motor mount, 3" extended & 3" forward gear, 35" tires, droopy ailerons, Turbine Cub Slats (mounted to main spar), VGs, 4" longer cord on all control surfaces & 6" longer span on elevators, deleted tank covers, Carbon fiber side panels, Honeycomb floor, titanium firewall and lots of titanium bolts, full elect. (no lights). 1176 lbs dry.

Beautiful job! The pix and description look/sound a lot like the Turbine Cubs Mackey SQ2 kit which I have recently ordered. I wonder if this is built from that kit or from your own mods and, if the former, any advice or suggestions?

Once you have flown it a little I'd be interested in it's performance and whether you have any problems with engine cooling with the 375 engine.

Ron

RonAp-----I didn't get a kit but Wayne Mackey helped me a LOT over the phone and he supplied me some parts. The slats came from Turbine Cub to fit the slat mounts that I put on the wings. The wings & controls alone took me 8 Months of work. I have to thank Wayne for guiding me along on this project. I will let you know how it flys after I get my paper work done.

Got it signed off today and flew it. Everything turned out great. Had to adjust washout on left wing to stop a slight drift to the left.

I set up two cardboard boxes on my runway 100 ft apart and my first takeoff got off at 100ft. No wind and 80 degrees. I am only turning 2200 RPM on takeoff so I need to get the prop bent. Looking over the nose will take getting use to but what a view!

It must not be 35 (actually that sounds more like 45) because with the stroker motor it would be tuning at least 2500 rpm static at 35. 3 degrees for 100 rpm of change would put you at 26 and I don't think that will work (tips to flat)

Greg

I have a friend with a 90/33 on a barts motor 0-360 with 8.5 pistons and it could use a little more pitch, like Greg said I think yours might be a little fatter then 35.

DW

I took my prop off today and checked the pitch. It is a 37 pitch. It was supposedly pitched to a 35 from a new prop that I ordered. Tomorrow I am going to check out my tach to see if it is correct.

If anyone wants to know how to check their prop pitch just let me know. It is simple and anyone can do it without special tools. I have seen how some propeller businesses check pitch and they don't understand the mathematical answer to the pitch angle at different diameters.

Back