• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA-18-180 STC

K
Air filter is a Wix 46225 and the dome is stock PA18.

if your going to be on floats then the Wix or any other paper element won’t hold up. K&N E-2450 is a cotton fabric replacement with an oil film. Expensive but won’t fall apart if wet.

If your filter gets that wet when on floats, there is likely something much more serious than just a wet filter going on. :wink:

If your filter gets that wet when on floats, there is likely something much more serious than just a wet filter going on. :wink:

Yea; I guess there are different levels of wetness with this. Great sudden quantities of water into the inlet will most likely cause the pilots pants to have sudden liquid damage as well.

I’m referring to the effects of drawing in moisture over time. I tried the original WIX that came with conversion kit and within just a few hours the inner screen had tons of rust and the paper element showed water damage.

A lot of people don’t realize that for a certified cub the TCDS 1A2 item 110 prohibits using the original paper CA122PL when floats are installed. So the typical change is to use the Bracket foam type.

Bracket doesn’t make a replacement for the smaller filter that comes with the PennYan kits. The K&N option is all that I have found.

Good points. I'll have to look to see just what make my filter is. I've not noticed any effects of moisture on it. Of course it does live in a dry hangar between flights. Perhaps those planes which are moored in the water for the season may have more moisture contamination.

Back