• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Insurance

Altsel

central England
We operate a L18C super Cub in England on the US register. Insurance here has become quite expensive.

Can anybody supply a email of a company that will insure our plane for $35,000 for the a/c and $2.5 million for liability such as 3rd party risk.

Also - what are you guy's paying per year for insurance for a 90hp Super cub. We have 4 experienced pilot flying the plane about 70 hours a year???

thanks

Thanks Josh, but the London based cartel that is Lloyd's has already produced me a quote.How much are Super Cub owners in the US paying per year for a $35-40,000 aircraft????

I use AVEMCO but the liability is no where near what you want. I insured a highly modified PA12 in Alaska- $70,000 hull on wheels and skis for $3200 a year. I am a low time pilot however, could be less $$ with more experience.

Altsel,
I'm low time and pay .02 or 2% xHull value plus about $575 liability for a two seater per year on wheels. On floats I pay .03 or 3% xHull Value plus the same liability. Mix the two and you figure by # months of wheels vs floats.

As far as insurance goes though I don't think you will find any two people here paying the same. I often feel as if it is a mathmatical mystery and don't even get into the eaches of the binder on what is covered vs not covered. If you do a search I'm sure you'll find all kind of info about definitions of coverage, brokers of record, hull vs liability, moving vs stationary, and etc etc
Tedd

Back