• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

lost a good friend yesterday

5139Y

The aviation community gave a good man up yesterday. Our very good friend Jeff Nolan, owner of JNLCO from Palmer passed away. He was a man of great talent and able to master anything he tried with ease. Although he made his living working on airplanes, he was driven to do many other things, and made them look easy. Jeff was in to metal working of any kind, and when he wanted to try his hand at an english wheel, he built one from scratch. I mean down to the pin striping on the paint job. There was nothing that stumped him. He was always willing to share his knowledge, his friendship, his ability, and his hanger. There is much more to say, but I can't right now. So from myself, your family, and your friends, good bye, god speed, we will miss you. Fly with you on the other side. Rest easy my friend. Chris

Jeff

Am so sorry to hear about Jeff...... what happen?

Indeed a very talented man and will be missed in many, many ways.

God Speed Jeff, and prayers to family and friends.....

p

Jeff's passing is a very sad moment. He was perhaps one of the nicest people I have ever known. Even till the day before his passing he was still the big hearted Jeff, never once complaining about this sad card he was dealt. Instead he was more worried about the well being of those around him.

He helped me so many times in my mechanical endeavors and he always had a spare moment to come over and lend a hand and share his knowledge about metal working and welding. My hangar is dotted with "Jeff Original" tools he showed me how to make or that he crafted up on his own to help me out. There wasn't anyone that Jeff would not go out of his way to help.

You don't find people like him very often and I will sure miss him.

Rest in peace my friend.

Jerry

friends

When we lost Jeff, we lost many years of knowledge in design and craftmanship. I lost a true friend, the community lost a true believer in good will. It is my hope that heaven is everything he wanted it to be.

I did not know Jeff first hand, I know some of his friends and have had the privilege of seeing the tools he made and the work he performed, which was beautiful.
If any of us can pass through this life and be spoken of as this man has been, we have fulfilled a destiny many would strive for.
Tail winds Mr. Nolan.

Jeff was good man and will be missed by many in our aviation community.

He is now where all good J5 drivers go in the end.

John Pex
72A
Chugiak AK

Back