• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Sutton exhaust / ski bungees

Skio Bungees

Patrick:

Sorry to be so long getting back. I guess I'm not sure about the stack length, I don't know what stock length is. It sticks down about 4-6 inches, if I remember right. It is not bent at all. The firesleeve is just the standard orange stuff you put on engine fuel or oil lines. It's about a foot and a half long and starts at the engine mount lug. It's all covered with exhaust stains but the bungee is OK.

Dan

Sorry didn't post more originally, but Atlees STC for Springs allows direct replacement for BUNGEES on all Approved skis on the PA-18, PA-12, PA14, J-3 etc. You would leave the rear check cables the same. Install Atlees springs Fabricate the front cable & a New Check cable Make sure you are within limits of ski deflection, Fill out the 337, Logbook entry and Minimal weight & balance change and NEVER have the problem again. :D

Thread resurrection.......

My stock Sutton exhaust has always stained my landing gear. It never dawned on me that my new Glh3000 airglass ski bungee that attaches to the landing gear attach bolt is now in the line of fire.

do I need to fire sleeve this, or is it far enough away?

Thread resurrection.......

My stock Sutton exhaust has always stained my landing gear. It never dawned on me that my new Glh3000 airglass ski bungee that attaches to the landing gear attach bolt is now in the line of fire.

do I need to fire sleeve this, or is it far enough away?
It far enough away for heat purposes, however it would be a good idea to cover it with a boot to keep the lead and acids of combustion from damaging the bungee.

Back