• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

A question for fellow 12 drivers

aggieflyboy09

Aggieland, TX USA
Howdy everyone!

Hope the winter is treating you guys/gals in the North well! I was wondering how my useful load compared with similar Super Cruisers.

150 H.P.
PA-18 3" gear
Flaps
Ext. Baggage
36 gal Fuel
Madris Tips
8.50's
Borer Prop
Delco starter and generator

My empty weight is 1193 without fluids.

Appreciate you "weighing in" on this one (sorry it's finals time for us at school, my brain's fried...)

Thanks very much!

flyboy09-
160Hp, 8241 prop, 3" ext gear, 31" ABW and TW, ext flaps, ailerons, VGs, Sqaure tips, metal ext baggage, 18 gal tank in each wing, transponder, Icom 200A, skytec starter, under seat battery, rear seat heat and all sorts of other luxuries. This kinda looks like a classified ad, huh?
1252 lbs, gross is 1750 lbs. Good luck on your finals, always hated that part of December. db

Im taking my last set of finals this week too - difference is your day dreaming about your own plane - Im day dreaming about someone elses plane. knock em out bud.

The one here is about the same, but 1950 gw.

No rear seat controls and left door also is the only difference.

PA-12 Useful Load

My -12 is configured similar to yours, without the Borer prop; and I have the B&C lightweight starter and alternator with an underseat battery. My empty weight is 1160.

Flaps, O-320 w/ 7442, ABW29" Bias tires, PA-22 wing landing light, stock starter, Interav Alt.

1200# BEW

It gained 100+# in the recover/mod process that I can't account for.

Airplanes are like their pilots... they never loose weight as they age between trips to the scale.

Chris

flaps
18- tail & 6" HD gear
LW starter, alt, & battery
31" ABWs & TW
large Ext Baggage
Dakota wing tips
F.Atlee Dodge long step
82/42
Leading edge cuff
safety cables
rear under seat storage
1202 lbs no gas or oil

Doug
Famous last words (hold my beer and watch this sh!t)

Ron, it's a good thing your sister-in-law doesn't read this...she might take that the wrong way. :lol:

0-320, FLAPS, STOCK GEAR AND WHEELS, 18 TAIL, STOCK BAGGAGE, SKYLITE W/SQ.TOP WINDSHIELD , 18 TRIM , LITEWEIGHT STARTER , 1084 EMPTY

125 hp 0290,stock tail,no flaps,stock wheels,radio,xponder,empty wt 1070# useful load 680#

Back