Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Needs less runway than a Cub, faster than a C-180

Post Thanks / Like

Needs less runway than a Cub, faster than a C-180

Short on seating, but approved for external loads. Fuel flow may be higher than expected.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REAL-Decommiss...QQcmdZViewItem

John Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    John
    We should put a group together and buy it. We could sell rides in the ejection seat.

Post Thanks / Like
    A guy in Va has one of these. Bases it at the airport in Culpeper, Va. I think there is a video of him flying it at a recent airshow on youtube. Talk about the ultimate in guy toys. Don't know how he got it past TSA and all the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    The ultimate moose hunting rig!

We figured it could come down over the kill with a sling line hook the moose to it and lift it out to camp.

By changing the external fuel tank with a container of barby sause, we could have it ready to eat by the time it arrived

Heck, it is listed for less than some of your cubs , and carries just as many people, and has as large a following!!!

Steve, this could be your new plane! Supercub.org meets Superperformance.org!
    I don't know where you've been me lad, but I see you won first Prize!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aktango58
    By changing the external fuel tank with a container of barby sause, we could have it ready to eat by the time it arrived
    !
    I used to work on those in the Marines, except ours were the better models with bigger engines.
    We had "Blivits" which were external cargo pods, similar to the drop tanks but a smaller version with a door on the side, I remember helping stuff as many beers as we could in them so the beer stash wouldn't run out when we went out on det....brings back memories

Post Thanks / Like
    You can't buy one yet, but the V22 Osprey puts the Harrier to shame. The moose will fit inside! See the "Marine Corps Osprey" post.

Ron