• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

What's your occupation

I'm the head Dumb-ass :anon , in charge of the Dumb-ass department :-? , for a very miniature Large business that specializes in Dumb-ass stuff for Dumb-asses! :drinking: :roll: :drinking:

I sit in a chair for "no more than" 8 hours per day during my 14 hour duty day. The rest of my day is spent bent over flinging all manner of big, little, usually heavy and bulky things in and out of the Beaver, 206 or Cub that I happen to be flying that day, on floats or wheels or skis; and when the weather is crappy and the "weekend warrior" isn't flying and I kinda wish I wasn't and probably shouldn't be flying it doesn't mean I'm parked--it just means I get the dubious pleasure of flying all the live long day around fog, rain/snow, in high and gusty winds in and out of off airport locations in Alaska.
I have no traditional retirement plan nor do I have benefits; but I have the supreme pleasure of getting paid to do exactly what I want to be doing (most of the time...:)) and doing it in my Favorite Place in the World...Home.

I'm heading south where it's warm for a few weeks to let things freeze up here so I can fly skis.

RB

Good to hear from you RB...Hope your season was safe...Doug and I never mede it up to the lake to fish the rainbows...maybe next summer...Have fun down south...
Ron

I was in the cattle business for 20 years, but my last 20 years I was a cropduster. I am now retired, but I logged 10,000 hours in various Ag planes in those 20 years, doing all my spraying off of dirt strips and roads.

Logger, miner,fisherman, millworker, realtor, financial planning, renovator, now a retired resort slave.
Last jobs were log home finisher & SCub rebuilder. Now just play.
Long ago, someone told me to do something I enjoy & folks will pay you for it.
Worked just fine! :)

Public high school science teacher
Commercial fisherman in the summer
Website administrator & property manager as time allows

Only grocery store in town, electric utility owner, maintain the airport PAPM. Was a primary care provider CHP-C X 13 years....Obama care kilt that. Manager/Miner here and had a mining company in Venezuela. Sold it when Chavez was elected. Project director for a publicly traded company on the VSE...in Venezuela. Director of mining for RA Hanson. Mechanic and machinist...did that to pay for school...Foreman for Diamond Reo truck in Fresno, journeyman diesel mechanic at a Mack dealership and a IHC dealership.. USN subs..then reservist MIUWU 102 out of Spokane. Building a bearhawk...up until I wadded up my Pacer...rebuilding it now...fuselage is done. Been waiting on spars since April...lost in transit...just received notification from Dakota Cub today...crated and ready to ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BS Electrical Engineer and also Journeyman Elect.....Last many years, Supervisor-Substation & Transmission Operations for Electric Utility

Union Boilermaker 30 years, pressure welder, consult for large construction projects , flying my super cub on floats !!!

Retired IT executive for a Fortune 50 company. Now full time bum, and part-time sexual consultant for my wife.

(She says "When I want your f'ing advice, I'll ask for it!")

[PS - Just kidding - my wife would never use the "f" word. :roll:]

I&E Senior Design/Drafter. Currently working for Anvil Corp. at the ExxonMobil Refinery in Billings Montana.

District Sales Manager, Agricultural Chemicals and Plant Nutrition/Specialty Products

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You must know Gordon Misch then.
Now Perry, Perry - just because you're sick of spending every waking moment trying to keep that blankety-blank Ford running, doesn't mean you should take it out on friends and transform them into former friends. Maybe you need Jack Nicholson's anger management course?

Oh wait, now I think I understand. Your remark was a compliment wasn't it? Sorry ol' buddy!!!!!!!!!!! And good luck with the Ford - - - 8)

Actually that was just a test to see if you were still lurking about. Plus it was one of those perfect opportunities that I just couldn't pass up.
P.S. I am a little ticked about one of the Fords right now. It has a cracked exhaust manifold and its going to be a pain to fix. Looks like I have to pull the wheel well liner and jack that side of the engine up to get it. I was seriously considering trading it in as-is for a newer (2013) used truck. When my wife saw the ante up amount, she advised me I would be fixing it and keeping it. I certainly can't afford the ante up for a newer wife so I guess I have to fix it. Also both of our boys now have their drivers licenses, so State Farm has the majority of my discretionary cash.

Self-employed, writer, social and resource development worker, president of woodlot owners organization.

Been leaving my dna on old airplanes as an A&P IA since 1976 and most times getting paid for it. Flying my own airplanes for fun since 1973.

I'm a wheat farmer, husband of one, father of two boys, uncle of many. I also am the Fire Chief of the local volunteer Fire Dist. I am in my second term on the school board, and I am working on my commercial rating in my spare time......

Fireman for the last 30 years....14 in Henderson NV and 16 here in AK. Still going! Apparently I build and rebuild things. Now working on a set of amphibs for my Murphy rebel.

Milked cows for 5 years as a teenager to learn to fly (with lots of help from great mentors) at an awesome glider club in Springfield, VT. Then BT in Aviation with summers as A&P apprentice, A&P, part time CFIG, full time CFIG/tow pilot, full time CFIA/II. Short stint in Bolivia as pilot for a new medical mission aviation program. Back to the states as A&P/IA until my wife finished school, then A&P/IA for a mission aviation group in Bolivia, Guyana and Chattanooga, TN.

Started a 501(c)3 two years ago to reach the poorest in the Bolivian Andes with a free medical mission aviation program. Currently living in Cochabamba Bolivia, leading groups of volunteer medical personnel on foot into remote villages to offer medical services to the indigenous subsistence farmers/shepherds. Dreaming of the day when the Cub will be a reality and the project will be airborne. Until then I'm piloting a 1974 FJ40 Land Cruiser...Cub yellow of course:lol:
IMG_9374.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9374.JPG
    IMG_9374.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 991
AP IA flew and guided in AK for several years part time and my real job is a manager at a steel fab shop

Last edited:
Back