• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Slick Magneto Service Bulletin.

Gene, Did you have more than 4 degree retarded timing when you checked it? just wondering why you took the mag apart?

I have always had good service out of Bendix mags. The impulse coupling AD was a pain but luckily it got rescinded. I understand TCM has started a new mag program but I haven't been able to get pricing from any of the vendors listed on their web site. Hopefully they will make it cost effective.

Gene, thanks for that update. I'm with you as my mag in question serial no. also starts with 0608. I say why try to fix it if it ain't broke - yet!
TJ - I think the mags are fitting since we drive Sky Tractors...
Jim

I wouldn't get complacent with just checking one mag with a close s/n...we checked one today that, the left one was worn and the right one was perfect.

Mags were installed new @ engine overhaul

Steve,

Cam was not an issue due to serial number. Did check timing first however and it was right on.

I thought wearing of the brush would not affect the timing. The brush wear is my only problem if I look at my serial number and the SB's.

Thanks, Steve, for the updated information!

I have been doing the inspection without removing the magneto, just removing the distributor cap and the back half of the magneto. Takes about a half hour extra on Cub inspections. Is there a reason to remove the magneto?

Thanks,

Vickie

Update of one service bulletin to include more mags a new one as well.

Attachments

• SB622A Reprint Slick Champion.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 557
  • SB637 Reprint Slick Champion SB1-19_0.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 425
I terminated all of the problems by installing the tempest parts in the slick mags...their parts are not affected by the slick SB. for the points and carbon brush...

Sorry, it was in 09 when I had the problem...I am still waking up from Kidney stone surgery...

Back