• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

canada engine freight

jr.hammack

north of willow ak.
howdy,
trying to get a 0320 shipped out of london,ontario,checked with yellow,abf and fed-x freight,all were $1400-1600 to anchorage,ak.,playing heck with my exp. project budget.
anyone have a better plan or idea on getting a engine & prop to alaska?
thanks for any input,anyone headed north with room and needing help with fuel? london is near detroit,trying to get it into u.s. to ease pickup problems.

jr.

jr,

When I've purchased TCM engines they've arrived on Emory Air Freight. The cores were returned the same way. I ship quite a bit and my freight carriers couldn't touch the heavy-lift air freight rates.

Stewart

stewart,
thanks will give them a try monday,thank you and your wife for a great meal,sorry we forgot the salad!!

thanks again

jr.

Jr., don't know what you are complaining about.........that sounds cheaper than driving over there to pick it up.

ron,
thanks,maybe it's time for you to take a road trip on one of my expeditions!!!!! and maybe it won't be in the middle of a blizzard!!

jr. :eek:

If either of you is coming to Detroit/Windsor to pick up JR's engine, give me a call. Good luck with your project JR!

Anne.

When I received and shipped an engine or two to Continental(6 cyl IO520) from Anchorage, I used Lynden Air Freight. It was about $650 each way. I think I would get that core into the U.S. and then ship it. Anyway, another thought.

thanks for the leads,will report back when all quoates are in.
the oil gods are really playing heck with all trying to have a little fun.

jr.

jr.hammack said:
thanks for the leads,will report back when all quoates are in.
the oil gods are really playing heck with all trying to have a little fun.

jr.

Jr-

Do you plan on rebuilding this engine??? If you can get it across the lake Ill tear it down for you and ship it piece by piece if its cheaper.

Tim

tim,
this engine has only 38 hrs smoh,and no problems,hoping to just bolt on my exp.-18 and go. i appreciate your offer though,
s.c.org has the best people in the world,thanks again!!!

jr.

howdy,
received a decent rate from london ontario to anchorage of
$659.00,way better than the truck freight quoates $1400-1600.
this was through lynden air freight.
thanks to all that responded!!!

thanks again!!

jr. :D

Back