• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Remavable Rear Seat Crossbar and Pilot Seat Belt Attach

Steve Pierce

BENEFACTOR
Graham, TX
My welder friend is here and I am running out of work for him so I got my L18C frame out of the storage hanger and into Scot Warren's jig. Got my angle of incidence nailed down, a dented tube replaced, X-brace going in now and was planning on installing the removable rear seat crossbar and weld-on pilot seat belt attach. I tried to call Steve at Atlee's but they aren't there yet. Does anyone know if they sell the STC without the parts? I would like to buy the STCs and cut the tubing myself. I have the tubing and plate and time is of the essence. I love it when I can get some of my own projects done. :wink:

Anything I am missing on a light weight 90hp Super Cub that should be welded into the fuselage?

Don't forget the bushing for the tailspring bolt, I always bush for a -7. A -6 would work fine for 90hp. Rear shoulder harness - 3/4" .049, 9" forward of the cathedral cluster. Check all gear fittings, wing/strut attach, and fwd trim pully for slop and rebush as needed. Lifting handel on the LH side and three foot metal belly.

Anything I am missing on a light weight 90hp Super Cub that should be welded into the fuselage?

Yep a gun rack!

instead of making the the crossbar removable i have seen where it swings forward and pins in. It also can be removed. This is a nice mod if you haul stuff and are always removing crossbar to load. I am sure someone has a picture on this site. not sure of the legality of it but it is very common up here in the north country.

Well I talked to Steve at 7:35 am AK Time and ended up buying the X brace STC $50, the removable rear seat tube $145 and the front seat belt floor attach STC kit $75 vs. $50 for the paperwork. After going to the big city last weekend and dropping big bucks to outfit all the kids in shoes and a good sit down meal it was time to spurge on the Super Cub a bit.

Don, Thanks. Forgot about the rear shoulder harness attach and gotta check for slop. Haven't decided on the 3' of metal belly.

John, Why the strap? I knew they had a problem when they were TIG welded.

OK, another project. I know there is a tube added to the PA18-95 (L18C) and others for a gross weight increase or to add the O-320 up front. Is it the part number 11857-99 1/2" tube that goes just behind the stock battery box to the bottom longeron cluster at the elevator pulley bracket behind the stock baggage? I notice the Northland Drawing shows tubes between all those clusters but somewhere I saw this tube on a stock frame.

Back