• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

EXPERIMENTAL Super Cub....and so it begins.....

Grant

FRIEND
At Work.....
I went and picked up my fuselage from CO last weekend. What a haul. High winds and icy roads made for an interesting trip. But after getting home it seems to have been worth it. I feel as if I have a goal, not just one I talk about but one I can work on. There many more hours to be spent on the fuselage but I have lots of friends here that will encourage and help me along the way. I'm extremely grateful for all the advice and support from all the other members and I look forward to posting lots of pictures of my progress. So far I only have a few, but here they are. My daughter is REALLY into it already. She wants to build the airplane all the time.....

P2170030.JPG

P2200045.JPG

P2210048.JPG

Congrats Grant looks good so far, I like your aircraft transport set up, Bill's right less is better.

Dennis

Grant
This is wrong. Your work area is just too clean. We might have to send Logan down to show you how it should look. That fuselage has a lot of miles on it already and has never flown. Congratulations!

it came close to flying on the way back.... As for the shop area....just wait. :eek:

Grant, when we get to New Holstien this summer can I have a ride in your new airplane :lol:

Tim

Snert said:
Grant
This is wrong. Your work area is just too clean. We might have to send Logan down to show you how it should look.

Yeah, well I can still find stuff (mostly).

I've got a helper to keep me motivated...

faa_helper.jpg

I was gonna spray paint....."It's an Airplane" on one side and "Supercub.org" on the other side of it but it was too windy at my buddy's new house to start spraying paint in the air.....

Steve Pierce said:
way to go Grant. I bet you got some strange stares. :eek:

I used to race sail boats in the Olympic Tornado class (20' catamaran w/ 10' beam, 228# and a 31 foot mast w/ 225sf of sail) and to travel we often used a tilt trailer so she went down the road at a 55 degree angle. Lots of stares... I used to tell rubberneckers it was a plane crash so just tell folks it's a sail boat and the world will even back out.

Back