• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

It's windy tonight....

BES

Esbjerg, Denmark
..... at the Esbjerg airport

SPECI ekeb 311926z 24029g61kt 6000 -shgr sct026cb 03/m01 q0986=

:eek:
Bent

BES said:
..... at the Esbjerg airport

SPECI ekeb 311926z 24029g61kt 6000 -shgr sct026cb 03/m01 q0986=

:eek:
Bent

Dang... Bent, reminds me of landing in Copenhagen (EKCH) about a year ago with 60 degree X-wind of 35G55 kts... as I recall, the "q" was 0965.... real nasty night..!!! Keep your hat on.

John,
You're going to have to stop mentioning all the wonderful places you fly to . You're making me jealous. Sunny SB doesn't quite compare to your various destination.

Eric

HydroCub said:
Dang... Bent, reminds me of landing in Copenhagen (EKCH) about a year ago with 60 degree X-wind of 35G55 kts... as I recall, the "q" was 0965.... real nasty night..!!! Keep your hat on.

Sounds like fun....what were you flying?

pa12_pilot said:
John,
You're going to have to stop mentioning all the wonderful places you fly to . You're making me jealous. Sunny SB doesn't quite compare to your various destination.

Eric

The sun shines in South Bend...??? coulda fooled me..!!

Hey.... they just laid one on today..... a "wonderful" trip to Omaha from Omaha westbound. That's upwind..!!!! I thought we had them trained.

Think I should clue Cloud Dancer in on the US$6 foot massage place in Shanghai..? I consider it medical therapy to prevent Deep Vein Thrombosis..!!

As a flyin' friend once told me, "get over it, LIFE is a headwind"

BES said:
HydroCub said:

Sounds like fun....what were you flying?

A CL604, aka Bombardier Challenger...... mostly fun, but sometimes anything but. Securing the aircraft that night was a real challenge, no pun intended.

My grandson recently told me, "Papa, you just go on mini-vacations when you work..... in fact, you get paid to look out the window." I just looked at him and said, "and your point is?" Of course, not a month goes by that he doesn't ask me if the airplane needs a test hop.

I'll be in Denmark in late August. Maybe we can figure a way to meet up. I could arrange landing in Roskilde rather than Kastrup if you want to fly over.

Back