• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Clipped wing Cub

Thats a cool cub zenairdave. I remember seeing pictures of it on the interweb while it was being built. A little cub envy here.

Thats a cool cub zenairdave. I remember seeing pictures of it on the interweb while it was being built. A little cub envy here.

Yes. It is fun to read the threads about what guys do to their CWC's . This one was pretty ready to go. (Smoke was removed before I got it. But semi-inverted oil was added. Inverted fuel got removed but is a pretty easy reinstall when I get the notion.)
Anyways, it left Southern Ontario when the partners needed money for other pursuits and got sold to an aerobatic Champion. Then to one of his students who moved to Thunderbay where he discovered a float plane was more desireable. Lucky for me he sold the plane instead of adding floats. One of the first places I flew when I got it home was to the original builders strip for a visit. He now has a C85 powered J3 "ultralight" also built from scratch. I think I saw a tear in his eye. LOL
The place is kind of a private hang out for mint condition vintage stuff.

Bayham-20140621-00907.jpg

Attachments

• Bayham-20140621-00907.jpg
    Bayham-20140621-00907.jpg
    782.1 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
I every body" I own a J3 with 2 wing tanks and I'd like to transform it as a CWC. Is anybody can tell me it is possible? Thanks.

I every body" I own a J3 with 2 wing tanks and I'd like to transform it as a CWC. Is anybody can tell me it is possible? Thanks.

I don't know the exact details but my friends clip wing has wing tanks.
The inner two bays get cut off when clipping the wings so clearly your fuel tanks will have to be moved over towards the wingtips if they currently sit in the first two inner bays.

I will caution if you have a nice flying cub, there is more to it than cutting off the wings.

I got some dual in Dick Boveys' 95hp CWC to prep for an initial test flight in my Murphy Renegade 4 aileron bipe. Turns out it was similar in roll rate and stall speed and excellent practice for the job. Made me wonder why I hadn't just found one and bought it.

Back