• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

27 YEARS OF SUPER CUB PARTS GOING ON EBAY

CubCrafters

27 YEARS OF SUPER CUB PARTS GOING ON EBAY

12.4.07 Yakima, WA Today CubCrafters announced that it would begin selling its 27-year collection of used, pre-owned and even ‘new old stock’ Super Cub and similar parts through ebay.

CubCrafters President Todd Simmons commented, “Earlier this year we began preparing to partner with ebay to sell so many Super Cub parts we have acquired over nearly three decades of repairing, restoring and rebuilding Super Cubs. We have simply been storing this growing inventory of parts for years and we are getting more frequent calls than ever asking if we have a particular used part. The truth is we literally have several commercial containers full of parts not to mention that many again stored in various places around the facility. Ultimately, we’ll get listed just about anything and everything that ever went on a Super Cub, e.g. engines and engine components, landing gear, cowlings, instruments, control surfaces, wings and wing tips, tail feathers, wheels, tires, brakes, hardware, and much more.”

Simmons continued, “I know many owners and shops would like to know every part or piece that we will eventually put up for sale, but we’ll ask for patience and frequent visits to ebay to see the most current listings. We are going to do our best to get the most accurate descriptions, detailed photographs and other key descriptive information for each listing. That effort will take some time but our goal is to put several more items up for bid every few days over the coming weeks.”

For nearly every listing, CubCrafters has included “Super Cub PA18” in the item title. For current listings, please visit: www.cubcrafters.com/ebay

PLEASE NOTE: When and if an individual bids on any item listed by CubCrafters, that bidder is – by way of submitting a bid for the item - subject to a specific agreement around risk as stated individually with every listing.

ABOUT CUBCRAFTERS

CubCrafters, founded in 1980 by current owner and Chairman Jim Richmond, is located at Yakima Air Terminal/McAllister Field Airport (YKM) in Yakima, WA. CubCrafters’ roots are in the 60 year history of classic ‘taildragger’ aviation, but its products and services - New aircraft, CAD-based design and engineering, CNC tooling and fabrication, Lean-manufacturing, and Award-winning tube and fabric aircraft restoration - are leading edge.

CubCrafters offers two all new, FAA-certified, ready-to-fly, aircraft: the second generation SPORT CUB S2, the follow on airplane to the original SPORT CUB: the long awaited redesign of the classic airplane that inspired the light sport category; and TOP CUB, the most capable two-place personal and utility aircraft. In early 2007, CubCrafters was issued only the second FAA ‘Production Certificate’ in the state of Washington, and is now the only U.S. aircraft manufacturer producing and delivering both standard and LSA category aircraft under an FAA-approved quality assurance program. In 2007, CubCrafters will produce a combined-model total of nearly 100 new aircraft.

CubCrafters, under the banner CubCrafters Services, is the recognized authority for re-building and modifying PA-18 Super Cubs and similar aircraft, and it stocks a broad range of STCs, PMA’d parts and modification kits for the existing fleet. In 2007, more than 120 aircraft will pass through CubCrafters Services for rebuild, repair, modification or routine maintenance.

CubCrafters Partners is the organization’s group of preferred vendor, maintenance and training suppliers while CubCrafters Resale is the pre-owned aircraft sales unit specializing in Cub, Super Cub and similar aircraft.

For more information, visit www.cubcrafters.com, or for images and company logos, visit www.cubcrafters.com/media

That, or they are like the rest of us and have a pile of stuff that we know we will never use but are saving for some reason. Maybe they realized it was time to clean house.

So when Cubcrafters replaces parts do they prorate the replacements or give the clients a core charge? Most aircraft owners I've dealt with don't just give away usable parts.

I think I need to do this too! Will be interesting to see what is on the list!

I'm glad at least they are putting the parts out there!

sj

docstory said:
So when Cubcrafters replaces parts do they prorate the replacements or give the clients a core charge? Most aircraft owners I've dealt with don't just give away usable parts.

Cubcrafters rebuilt a lot of planes they owned. That was the only thing I had against Richmond's "Super Cub Club." People would advertise in his newletter and he would scarf up the bargains before they got to print.(smart on his part) but didn't make for a good "club". Plus I know a lot of people who don't want that "used junk" when its replaced. course that was before the parts got so expensive. Remember, they've been doing it for 20 some years.

Tim, CubCrafters is a very large supporter of SuperCub.Org. They have asked very little of me for that, and in this case I think it is in the interest of most Super Cub folks. Plus, they put it in the appropriate place.

I must say, that I do tire of everyone continuing to beat up CubCrafters just for the sake of doing so. I own one of their products, and it is a great airplane. Now seven years old and I have not spent more than $600 on an annual (well, I have made some upgrades) and have not had any unexpected maintenance problem. They have made some significant changes in the last few months, and I believe we owe it to them to give them time to show us they can operate differently than they have in the past.

Thanks!

sj

steve said:
Tim, CubCrafters is a very large supporter of SuperCub.Org. They have asked very little of me for that, and in this case I think it is in the interest of most Super Cub folks. Plus, they put it in the appropriate place.

I must say, that I do tire of everyone continuing to beat up CubCrafters just for the sake of doing so. I own one of their products, and it is a great airplane. Now seven years old and I have not spent more than $600 on an annual (well, I have made some upgrades) and have not had any unexpected maintenance problem. They have made some significant changes in the last few months, and I believe we owe it to them to give them time to show us they can operate differently than they have in the past.

Thanks!

sj

Steve-

Thats a great point. Although as soon as I asked them for some help on my project it came with a quick "no" when all of the other vendors have been glad to help out whenever/wherever possible. The way I see it is when you are in a small business sector such as cubs/aviation you need to step up to the plate for your customer as much as possible.

Tim

behindpropellers said:
steve said:

Thanks!

sj

Steve-

Thats a great point. Although as soon as I asked them for some help on my project it came with a quick "no" when all of the other vendors have been glad to help out whenever/wherever possible. The way I see it is when you are in a small business sector such as cubs/aviation you need to step up to the plate for your customer as much as possible.

Tim

Tim, aren't you building a J5?

sj

steve said:
behindpropellers said:
steve said:

Thanks!

sj

Steve-

Tim

Tim, aren't you building a J5?

sj

Yes Steve.....black sheep with no support or STC's....

I think this is great, especially for experimental builders. Lots of nice stuff to be had. I saw some safety cables that were new and went for half the cost of buying from Atlee.

I have one suggestion to Cub Crafters, please do something about the shipping costs of some of the smaller items. Looks way too high. You can ship up to 70lbs with US Priority mail flat rate of $8.50 or so.

steve said:

Thanks!

sj

Not everyone bashes em (but those that do, seem to do it loudly), but some of us could certainly speak up with good service reports too.

I'm new and fly an original but CC has treated me quire fairly by answering many questions in the process of making a couple of minimal sales for minor parts and one STC.

As an unsuccessful bidder on their EBay trial last week I thought the process was fair and as a businessperson it appeared to be quite efficient... I'll watch for bargains again.

Kirby

I shipped a super cub round air box yesterday at the ups store. $21.31 with 500.00 insurance.

I use ebay every week. If you don't like the shipping price don't bid or bid according to the shipping price. If a company wants to clean out the attic ebay is a good option. Any company with inventory growing dirt is wise to sell those items its just good business.

kase said:
I shipped a super cub round air box yesterday at the ups store. $21.31 with 500.00 insurance.

Try USPS insured next time. The Flat Rate boxes are hard to beat if you can fit stuff in them. There are two or three sizes. Plus it will get there in half the time. No, I'm not a postman.

I punched in my zip code, 99611, freight on the mag switch was $29.84! I doubt I'll be bidding on anything.

What's wrong with just a parts list with prices on their website? Then no fooling around with ebay required.

Back