• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

What I did today

Grant

FRIEND
At Work.....
Each year around this time, Usually after the first flake falls I find myself really wanting to make a big pot of chilli. Well it snowed today. Now, I can't cook as fast as the other half of my domestic existence but I sure can cook the hell out of some chili. So here it is.

P.S. It's supposed to be burned around the edge.

photo_4_.jpg

Grant
Great minds think alike. I made a big pot like that today. Yours looks better. No snow here. I actually worked outside with a short sleeved shirt today.

I have been refining this recipe for a while. Lots of beans, Lots of meat. The rest is a secret. It snowed just enough for an excuse to make it.

:D

grant, Grant, GRANT! Don't do that to me at suppertime!

I gathered in most of the ingredients, Anasazi and Red Beans, PROBably from Dave Kirsten's brokerage, some decent chipotle's (couldn't find any Chimayo's), some OK Hatch's, bit o' onion, a couple other secret things, and just waiting for the local venison/elk/moose. Secret proportions, though.

Might have to borrow Girlscout's slowcooker....

Thanks. cubscout

Beans

Grant! That chili smells good too, bet a gallon of that would cost alot more than a gallon of A.V gas.

Bill

On the other hand, the pasties we built were pretty darn good, too, eh? Kinda reminiscent of Madeline's near Marquette, plenty rutabagies and stuff....

:D

Thanks, eh? cubscout

Looks like a beautiful batch there. There is nothing like a great bowl of chili, except maybe a bowl the second day. I really think that chili is better the second day, in most cases. I like mine with a nice warm piece of fresh corn bread. Granted, working at a firehouse, I get more than my share of chili, not all of it good, but I still love it!

Hey Grant: the cold and sloppy weather has arrived in Indiana, prompting me to make a monster pot of flaming hot pozole. It would have been a perfect accompaniment to your chili. The boys demolished the whole pot in one marathon sitting. Good stuff.

Eric

Now that looks like a Mississippi recipe :D

Lance

PS Had some fun yesterday playing on the Pearl River.

Lance, You "got-danged" right man

Fellas, I was just telling my wife that I need to make up a batch. The weather here has been quite mild so I have not had the "Hankerin'" just yet..

We are off to Disney World with Bridget next week and I'll have the need to whip up a batch when I get home. Stay Tuned!

I get gas just looking at it!! :lol:

I add a bottle of beer to mine - really mellows out the tomato acid and brings out the chillies.

A great way to use up some venison, too!

Blackened catfish w/ red beans and rice for lunch. A couple of Shiners to wash it down. That's comfort food!

SB

Today is the day...

Low overcast, light mist, Vikings/Packers game later....

I will post photos later...Off to the store for some last minute ingredients.

This is too wierd. I made my first batch today also. The slow cooker is soaking in the sink. I should probably invest in a box of those plastic slow cooker liners.

Back