• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Torch Sighting!

AntiCub

North Pole
Very nice photo of a black bear walking past a Cub on floats in today's Fairbanks News Miner. Can't quite make it out, but I'm pretty sure it has "TORCH" painted on the cowling. Anyone we know? 8)

Great shot by the way.

Phil

Torch said:
Probably looks like this guy's cub, doesn't it? I hear he is a real jerk

I dunno, I was filing a flight plan with him a few weeks ago and he seemed like a cheerful, friendly, helpful guy to me. Maybe you did something to piss him off.

You must have been in Kotzebue. Its nice to have FSS's to get briefings at in person. The FAA would love to do away with us in Alaska also and probably will in a few years. I can tell you that the people that man the FSS's in remote Alaska are dedicated professionals. We still enjoy briefing pilots in person and welcome them into our Alaskan facilities. We are opening new facilities in Nome and Kotzebue this year. The coffee is always on and we like doing our jobs. Its a shame that FSS's have passed into history in the lower 49. They are like the old west, they are gone forever. Anyone coming up to Kotzebue to hunt this fall make sure you stop by and see us. I personally will be out moose hunting the next few weeks but my co-workers will be here. I will be working the Nome FSS on September 19. If you come through Nome that week stop by.

Back