• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA18 Oil Cooler Scoop

Steve Comer

Glenwood, Indiana
I posted a message back in April regarding finding a way to mount an oil cooler on the rear baffle of the 0290D2 I'm putting in my PA12 but I'm not finding anyway to get that done without a hugh hassle. The Wag Aero STC that I have says to cut out the nose bowl and mount a PA18 scoop for the oil cooler which I don't want to do but I'm not having any luck finding any other way around it. My question is does anyone have a used scoop for a PA18? If not where can I find one.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve Comer said:
I posted a message back in April regarding finding a way to mount an oil cooler on the rear baffle of the 0290D2 I'm putting in my PA12 but I'm not finding anyway to get that done without a hugh hassle. The Wag Aero STC that I have says to cut out the nose bowl and mount a PA18 scoop for the oil cooler which I don't want to do but I'm not having any luck finding any other way around it. My question is does anyone have a used scoop for a PA18? If not where can I find one.

Thanks,
Steve

Put the sutton exhaust on it, that gives you that option.

Tim

Charley Center from Cross Winds Stol in Wasilla AK. is really good w/ PA-12 mods and has several STC's, I'd bet he has the STC you're looking for, for the PA-12, give him a call....>907-376-9069.
No need for the front-cowling scoop when you move the cooler to the rear baffeling.

We have a nose bowl with the cutout blocked, and the cooler in the back. It is on a PA 18, but I would guess they are identical - what does yours look like? I shudder to think of the body work to get rid of that unsightly scoop.

Back