• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Colorado Area Cub Owners

Tadpole

Franklin, IN
Any Cub owners out my way...I'm in the Springs, KCOS, 00V, A50?? Or anywhere else nearby like APA or such.

Reason I ask, I love Cubs and would like learn more about them so one day I can own one. I'm a mechanic, working on my tests for A&P. 10.5 years experience, mostly military jets though. I'm also a student pilot. I'd love to meet with any of you for a cold one and to chat and maybe I could convince you to take me up in the plane and show me what a Cub is all about (I've never flown in one yet). I'm willing to help with the fuel or whatever.

Thanks!

Hello from Colorado

Hi Tadpole,

I have a 1954 PA-18 up in Longmont, Colorado. Give me a call if you are ever up this way and want to check out 54P.

Lynn Mareth
303-435-5241

I actually go to Longmont often, typically on random Saturdays. I'm an instructor with the USAF Academy Parachute Team and we take our cadets up there to get some jumps out of Frank's Otter.

Next time I know I'm going up, I'll look you up. Thanks!

colorado aea cub owners

Tad
I am up by GXY on a farm strip. I can give you a ride in the pa-11 if you get up this way. Happy to share.
bill
970-988-0080

Thanks Pokey, I'll look you up when I make it up there!

If the afternoon weather holds out I'll be up on another flight lesson today..ya tricycle gear, but oh well.

Hi Tadpole,

I've got a PA18 as well as a PA12 project in my garage here at Vanaire (CO12 on some old charts - disappearing on the new ones). We're 5 miles due north of DEN, just outside of where the class=B hits the ground.

Cold ones and cubs are my favorite subjects!!

Rod
303-378-6085

Thanks Rod. Oh, I like the sound of projects! Means playing with tools and airplanes at the same time!

I"m not sure when I'm gonna have time right now. I've had some major delays in my flight training, so now I'm with another instructor who can teach on weekends too, so my next 2 weekends...and most of my weekday afternoons are booked up now.

Hey Tadpole,

Back when I was living in the Springs I used to rent 180Hp Supercubs from Johnson Aircraft Service out at Meadow lake airport. Johnson used to have the tow contract for the Zoo (AF Academy). With full flaps that aircraft used take off just like a helicopter even at that altitude.
:D

Cubscout,

Sorry I'm not familiar with the term "PM". Does that mean to personal email you ?
Thanks,
RP

Triple 7, eeyup, there's a button for that.

But heck, many of the folks here can relate so if it's not illegal or embarrasing, share the old David C. Johnson stories, eh? :lol:

Thanks. cubscout

Johnson Aircraft

Ahhhh.....buttons I can do. Actually his son Keith had taken over by this point. Didn't ever have any dealings with the dad. Heard lots of stories but not much I could pass on from a first hand point of veiw. :-?

777 Driver said:
Hey Tadpole,

Back when I was living in the Springs I used to rent 180Hp Supercubs from Johnson Aircraft Service out at Meadow lake airport. Johnson used to have the tow contract for the Zoo (AF Academy). With full flaps that aircraft used take off just like a helicopter even at that altitude.
:D

Doss has the contract now. I work at the Zoo, jump instructor for the parachute team with the 3 twin otters, also maintained by Doss, but flown by us.

pokey, which strip do you operate out of? i got my tailwheel up at GXY with Neal Brenner in his Citabria, we did a lot of our landings at dirt strips in the area, some of those approaches are pretty interesting...

I wanted to toss out another thanks for the offers and and update.

I still haven't flown in the cubs yet, I've been busy with my military stuff, out of town alot lately as I am right now in a hotel in Texas until I fly back in the Otter tomorrow.

I've got about 5 more lessons and I should be ready for my checkride for my PPL, now if I can just stay in town long enough to finish. Getting the PPL will make it easier for me to get to some of you rather than driving the 2+ hours. Either way, things should start slowing down for me soon and I can get out and play with a Cub.

It's amazing how much time work, 4 month old baby, college, and flight training take up!

Back