• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Short Note to a Friend

CloudDancer

L. Ronstadt - J. Ingram Duet
Oh Mighty Oh-bi-wan (I never DID know how to speil that actually)

Well, the BOSS !! should be SUPREMELY HAPPY to hear that yours truly FINALLY got SCARED bad enough to QUIT SMOKING COLD TURKEY (EIGHT DAYS, 15 HOURS and thirty-six...NO make that thirty-SEVEN minutes now...but, of COURSE, who's COUNTING.

Add a Day and a HALF to that number and that' how long it's been since I've had any "adult beverages".

Not to mention no CAFFINE as well!! My poor ****ing body is an absolute WRECK as a result of this new (healthy...HA??!!)regimen. My bladder and colon no LONGER operate on the predictable schedule I was used to.

My formerly regular as clockwork morning-8-to-10- minutes-after-I-get-out-of-bed-and-start-moving-around **** !! now puts in it's first appearance as early as ten minutes PRIOR to my intended awakening (VERY INCONVENIENT)to anytime before 3 P.M. (gee I HOPE I'm not sitting at a red LIGHT in my car)

Belching and FARTING LOUDLY with little to NO prior notification to me from Systems Management is preventing me from making the "new circle of friends" that all my addiction counselors tell me I so desperately need to establish as part of the "healing process"!!

Just finished my first flying leg/segment in ten days...since taking up this new (urp)HEALTHIER(BRRRAAPP-WHISTLE)
LIFESTYLE!!

Descending into OMA and passing 8000 got an LGCIU 1 Fault.

Meandered around the Nebraska skies watching the fuel dwindle as I sat on "HOLD" with MX Control in ____.

As usual they were as helpful as a case of crabs, as was my Dispatcher who informed me she had no single reverser inop landing data...but she was pretty SURE the runway was long enough.

Finally got to the gate about thirty-five late after a sweet landing (of COURSE).

Right now I'd part with my left *** for a smoke, a Captain and Coke, some deep fried jalapeenie poppers and a promiskus.....promiseque.....prommi...
large breasticled lap dancer!!

C-YA my friend :anon

Hi, My name is Cloudy and I am a ........... Good luck Buddy. The smokes were bad enough but smokes, caffeine and booze, wow. Sensory overload for sure.

Cloudy,

If one or more of those vices was your muse, the fabric of your stories may change!

I quit smoking over 23 years ago, thanks to woman telling me "me or them", glad she did, otherwise I would probably already be in a pine box.

sj

Yeah Steve - :howdy

I just WISH one the the THREE good or GREAT women that actually passed through the sordid debacle I call a life had said "It's ME or the Smokes/ :drinking: /or SOMEthing that was BAD for me.

Each one of them.....as SMART as they were.....were DUMB enough to say "It's ME or those DAMN AIRPLANES of yours!!"

Needless to SAAAAY...... :stupid

CloudDancer :anon

Hang in there CD..! Believe me, it will get better along the way. Small wonders happen when you quit smoking: You can actually taste the food you are eating, you can smell the pine trees or the ocean..... and you will smell a whole lot better to others.... (once you get over the farting spell).

....and wouldn't voluptuous be the word you were searching for?

All the best wishes for you winning the fight against the smokes.

:D :D
Bent

it was october 11, 1988 at 11 am........

all that time has gone by and the sweet memories of a lung full of smoke after a good meal still haunt me......

quitting cigarettes might not be the hardest thing you'll ever do in your life but conquering the habit will be one of your proudest achievments.

Good luck, winning the battle is worth the effort

However; I have no plans to quell the joy of a cold beer, now or forever.....

db

CD don't give in to the dark side (the cigs that is) I'm battling the same demons myself, quit for three years then relapsed five years ago. Nobody but another smoker knows how strong the addiction is, but everybody can see what it does to a person.

That's what I just LOVE about the good folks here at SuperCub.org. :usa

Full of positive reinforcement, encouragement and helpful suggestions :up whether it's a bad mag :bang or an ol' nag !! :Gcloppy:

BES - :howdy Hi My Friend. How is everything Danish these days??

VOLUPTUOUS is a physical attribute, indeed commonly used to describe those females who may be shall we say...more AMPLY endowed breasticularly. :crazyeyes:
I believe the word I was trying to mangle was promiscuous. A character trait indicating a person's willingness, possibly even EAGERness to engage in sexual relations :lick: almost any time :kiss: or any place :cheers with a notable lack of any personal commitment :Gpenguin: or continuing needful behavior :Gurgh: in the aftemath.

Apparently some significant percent of the population views this as some sort of character flaw. :( I am not sure WHY though?? :wink:

CloudDancer :anon

Back