• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

need info on bushings for landing gear fittings

jgerard

Seattle, WA
Yanked the gear off my L21 last night to replace the fabric formers at the top with 1/2" sq tubes like the 2K gross weight STC calls for and to install Atlee's HD cabane and safety cables. Found some sloppy bushings and a bent bolt at the left rear gear attach.

I want to replace the gear fitting bushings and was wondering if any one knows what material they are made with?

The Northland drawings of the fitting give a P/N for the bushings. The book has a spec sheet in the back that shows dimensions for the P/N bushing used in the gear, but no speck on material.

I could not get the P/N to come up on Univair's website but I bet I call them they might sell me a set. If I knew what to make it out of there is a possibility I could have a set machined this weekend locally.

Jason
N22KY

Jason, I'm sure you already figured this out, but I did help a friend put new ones in. He used a tap and and ran it through the old one and pulled it out like a big spring in about 2 minutes flat. Can't wait to try that again someday.

Back