Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: April Fools

Post Thanks / Like

April Fools

OK What's the best April Fools prank you have pulled off or had pulled on you?

Post Thanks / Like
    One year Steve sold supercub.org
    Steve Pierce

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, but the guy I was selling it to backed out, so maybe I can try again?

sj
    "Often Mistaken, but Never in Doubt"
    ------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

April Fools Joke...

The Best April Fools Joke that I am aware of. When my Son was a seventh grader, he went to school and told one of his teachers, "that he thought the school was being infected with dihydrogenoxide". He pointed out that is causes burns in a gaseous state, will kill if inhaled, and numerous other ill fates. Panic broke loose in the middle school and elementary schools. Finally one of the High School Science/Chemistry teachers explained that he didn't think it would matter, as long as it didn't get too deep in it's liquid state. This after the media, and news services were notified... Leave it up to a science geek to start an April Fools joke of this Magnatude.
    Champdriver

Post Thanks / Like
    Last year I moved my 16 year old daughter's new to her (for only 2 weeks) car from "her" parking spot in the driveway and put it around back in my shop and had her mother (always works better when you team up on them) ask her to go make a breakfast run for her sisters...

For some reason, I'm really dreading this year
    Remember, These are the Good old Days!

Post Thanks / Like
    Best one I've heard was a local radio station ran a story stating the City Council passed a new ordinance that established a pet license fee based on the weight of your dog and that all dog owners had to take their dog to City Hall to be weighed within 2 weeks. It was entertaining listening to all of the people call the radio station (as most of the calls were broadcast live) either complaining about the ordinance or trying to find out the details of where to go and what to do if they couldn't get to City Hall during normal business hours etc. The joke ran all morning until they had to broadcast that it was an April Fool's joke. City Hall had called and asked them politely to make the announcement because they couldn't handle the call volume from all the pet owners and people had started showing up with their dogs!

Post Thanks / Like
    One year when the kids were in middle school they decided on April Fools day to put Vasoline on the toilet seats. That wasn't good enough so they put it on the hand rails and all the door knobs. That wouldn't have been bad except they put it on in gobs. Thank God for Dawn dish soap.

That year the girls switched labels with my son's Icey Hot and deodorant. They are are the same size containers and the labels just slide off. In retaliation he put Dawn dish soap in their shampoo.

Don't know where they learned that stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not really an April fools joke but the weekend before spring break a friend of mine who was one of triplets had gone with his brothers to a friend of his fathers to help him clean out his house as he was moving to a new home. Some of the things were just thrown away but when the man tried to throw away the contents of a chest freezer the boys told the man they would take the meat which contained a full leg of pork. After getting home they found that there was no room for the hog leg. So they decided to climb on top of the school and toss it in a the duct work. Well, needless to say they got a few extra days of spring break. They had said that it stunk so bad that the janitor wouldn't even try to look for it. Long story short, it was pretty funny to hear him tell it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always liked the page at the airport for L. C. DeKow

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, one year on April 1st, a school morning, my boys' morning juice glass was extra-full, right to the brim - - - - and hot glued to the table top. And their silverware was hot glued to the table top as well! Now, who wouldda done that????

Well, regardless, after remedying those little matters they were a bit late for school, and couldn't find their good shoes right away. But their old ones were in plain sight, and they'd have to do. The boys had a habit of leaving laces loose so they could just slide into the shoes and be right on their way. But this time the shoes were screwed to the (then plywood) floor. I think they said the situation was 'upsetting' or something.

As I recall they missed the bus, and the old man took them to school so they'd still be on time that morning. But despite his philanthropy, danged if they STILL don't think they've got even YET, after MANY repayments, and that was 16 years ago!!
    Gordon

N4328M KTDO
    My SPOT: tinyurl.com/N4328M (case sensitive)

Post Thanks / Like
    I explained this morning to my wife I had to be out in the valley at 11:00AM to pick up my new 206. After she ranted for about ten minutes about me having too many planes already and why do we need another. I told her , "April Fools". She laughed and looked at the calender and said I was the fool, today was only the 31st!.

Post Thanks / Like
    In a college dorm in Fairbanks, covered the outside of the dorm room door with butcher paper so there was a space between the paper and the outside of the door (about a 6in by 3ft by 8ft space). Filled the intervening space with little foam beads (after applying duct tape to the gap at the bottom). When the occupant (who had his latest gal friend inside) opened the door he was greeted with an avalanche of foam. Anyone who's been in Fairbanks in the winter would know that static electricity made it possible for him to be finding beads until the end of the semester two months later.

Post Thanks / Like

April Fools

Another Prank for the time, is Magnesium, strips twisted with lead strips, installed in a dorm room lock. Light the magnesium, and let it burn into the lead in the lock. The hinge pins had to be driven out, and the door removed to exit the room. This prank is usually accomplished by the Science geek types... Champdriver

Post Thanks / Like
    I just sold a business I had about 2 weeks ago, and I told my employees in another business I own that I am selling it too. I moved some stuff out of the back room to my house and they think I am moving out. They are all worried about their new boss and their jobs. I have yet to tell them, might do it today.

Post Thanks / Like

Jokes Any Day

Every Day is April Fools for me, some of my favorites
    - Put a rubber band around the kitchen sprayer and face it forward. Don't forget to use magic marker to cover up the rubber band. When someone turns on the water, they get wet.
    - Pop out the M and the N on a keyboard from someone that hunts and pecks. Watch then try to type or put in thier password. Works better if you lock their computer and swap the windows key with the Alt Key. Have had a co-worker have the IS department swap his keyboard out.
    - Put a piece of clear sticky tape across the phone mouth piece, person sounds faint and like in a tunnel when talking on the phone.
    - Send out of office e-mail to everyone in the building from coworkers e-mail saying that he will be out of the office for about 20 minutes after lunch and if needed can be found in 2nd floor restroom 3rd stall.
    - Sent letter to several people from company, stating that their computer usage has been tracked and logged and they have been identified as using the internet and e-mail for non-company business, serves as first warning, second will be dismissal. Worked pretty good until it got to corporate HR, then I had to take it out of circulation.
    - Paper cup full of hole puches perched on office door.
    - Paper cups full of water glued to desk.
    - Paper cup with raw chicken leg hid in office.

Those are just a few...
    Tray

Post Thanks / Like
    Setting a sprinkler to go back and forth across a friends car parked outside in freezing weather. I expected a little ice, he found 4+ inches of ice. The next year he got me back, big marshmellows dipped in water covered my car in freezing weather. That and sliced of bologna laid flat and frozen to my windshield.

The best office prank was when we removed office door of the guy I worked for. A few of us sheetrocked over the opening, applied mud, sanded and painted it over the weekend.
    Monday morning we were all there, quietly watching him pace back and forth, sometimes tapping the wall where the door was. He walked outside, looked through the window into his office, trying to find the door. It was just too funny.

Then there was the dead fish in the file drawer - undetected for several days. That's just plain mean.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Tray,
    My son Alex (now 20) when he was 9 years old tried the sink sprayer trick on his Mother as she is not normally a morning person.
    He never even told me just in case I was the unsuspecting victim. What he had not planned on however was Jen getting up in the middle of the night and going downstairs for a drink of water. He had me out of bed also in a shot when the screeeeeeeching started.
    Good Prank
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO the sink sprayer is the greatest prank tool know to man. In my house it is consistently done just to keep everyone on their toes. Best one was my son setting it up, forgot about it, and got himself.
    Bob D