• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Rib Lacing Diagram

Josh

I saw some time back in the photo gallery there were rib stitch diagrams for the tailfeathers, wings, and ailerons, does anyone know how I can find them again in the photo gallery? Big Thanks, Josh

Josh

There are some how to photos and video clips in my photo album under
bill rusk.

Bill

http://www.supercub.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=760

This is the link to the tech stuff I have downloaded. I just downloaded a bunch of covering details for the J3, PA11, PA12, and PA18 wing and fuselage. Also a taping sequence for the wing. This is all stuff I collected from Clyde Smith. It is also on the covering drawings. I have found these drawing invaluable when covering and laying things out, especially when the old cover was removed by someone else and thrown away.

I am starting to cover my project. Did anyone notice there are two different rib stitch drawings for the stabilizer? Drawing 12790 shows about 6 stitches per stabilizer with dollar patches. Then there is the drawing that Steve has which shows many more stitches 4" apart. What is the most common practice? I was going to do as shown on 12790 but now am not sure.

Stabilizer.jpg

This drawing was obtained from Clyde Smith.

Drawing 12790 is dated 1950. I am assuming the drawing I got from Clyde is more up to date especially since the 150 hp Super Cubs weren't in production when it was drawn. I would think more stitches would be better also.

Steve will tell you this - forget about the pyralin things and use aluminum, sandwiched in the fabric, wherever a plate is attached with PK screws. Also use Steve's aluminum inspection rings and grommets.

Back