• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

26" Goodyears

Several years ago I called CubCrafters to get their STC for 8:50s. I was running Air Tracks and Vera said their STC did not cover tires other than Goodyear. Another cub owner recently said that was not true. Does anyone have CC's STC for other than Goodyear tires?

I have Cub Crafters STC dated Feb'95 and amended Oct '00 and March '02. It states "Installation of Goodyear 26x10.5x6 (6ply) or 8.50x6 Tires and Tubes in accordance...

The included instructions for the 8.50's (there is a separate instruction for 26's) states " This STC allows the installation of 8.50x6 tires and 8.50x6 tubes on the aircraft listed" Where the instructions for the 26's states specifically Goodyear.

Norm

Thanks Norm,
I'll give CC a call next week for their STC and then clear up the last remaining paperwork on my SC!

Jerry, I got a 337 field approval to put 26 GY's on my 1960 182/180 conversion earlier this year. I had to go through another office outside of Oregon. I can drop a copy of my paper work off at Steve's A/C if you'd like.

For laughs and grins I also sent in 337's for my Cessna 140 for both 8.50's and 26 GY's through the same office. They denied the the 26's, but approved the 8.50's. I had no intentions of running 26 GY's on my 140, but figured field approvals are getting harder and harder to get through and though I'd just add it to the paper stack for future choices.

Roger

Roger

I would sure appreciate it if you got a copy of the field approval to Steve along with any info you have on who to deal with.

Thanks

Jerry Jacques

Ok, so I've looked high and low for a set of 8.50-6 tubes to go with the 26" GY, but cant find any listed. Tried skygeek, wicks & spruce and a few others. Anybody know where I might score a set of 8.50-6 tubes??
Thanks

Tubes are real stretchy. I have 8:50X10 tubes in 29-11:00X10 tires. I'm sure 8:00x6 or even 7:00x6 would work ok.

iamcamper, I bought some 8.50 tubes awhile back (this past fall) from Chief Aircraft in Grants Pass, Oregon. They're not Goodyear tubes, but I heard at one time years ago that all tube brands were made by the same company. ???

Roger S

NDRII said:
I have Cub Crafters STC dated Feb'95 and amended Oct '00 and March '02. It states "Installation of Goodyear 26x10.5x6 (6ply) or 8.50x6 Tires and Tubes in accordance...

The included instructions for the 8.50's (there is a separate instruction for 26's) states " This STC allows the installation of 8.50x6 tires and 8.50x6 tubes on the aircraft listed" Where the instructions for the 26's states specifically Goodyear.

Norm

Norm,

Is the PA-12 listed there?

Thanks,

max

drrussell said:
the phone # for the 26 inch tires on a pa-12 207642 3500
Dwight

Dwight,

I tried this number but no luck. My AP man desperately needs this STC. Could you be so kind to check Dick's phone for me?

Thanks

max

Sorry to say, there is no STC for 26" Goodyears on a 12.
You will need a field approval. Which is what I did when I put
Goodyears on my 12.

Mark

mmr said:
Sorry to say, there is no STC for 26" Goodyears on a 12.
You will need a field approval. Which is what I did when I put
Goodyears on my 12.

Mark

No Dick Randall has the STC for it. we just put a set on our 12 here using it..

Max - the number is correct, just hard to get a hold of him.
Check your PM. I probably have the info you need.

Brian

No listing on the FAA website for a STC for Goodyears on a PA12
or holder of any STC by the name of Dick Randall.
Mark

mmr said:
Mark

Just photoshop the stc and put your model in, nobody will ever check :evil: :evil: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :lol: :lol:

mmr said:
Mark

Supplemental Type Certificate

STC Number:
SA00078BO

This certificate issued to:
Abbott Cedric M

STC Holder's Address:
Gesner Road
Buckfield ME 04220
United States

Description of the Type Design Change:
Installation of any comb of Harrison p/n 8517732 oil cooler, Goodyear 26x10.5x6 main wheel tires, Scott p/n 3200 tail wheel assy, Amer Safety p/n 1180 shoulder harness, Scott p/n 2176 OAT gauge and Schweizer p/n 3408D/Air Ads multiple tow hitch assy

Application Date:

Issued, 10/17/1997

Responsible Office:
ANE-150 Boston Aircraft Certification Office Tel: (781) 238-7151

TC Number -- Make -- Model:
A-780 -- Piper Aircraft, Inc., The New -- PA-12

Full Text of STC:

Dick Randall is the one to talk to about it.

Thanks S2D, finally some real info.
But, if I read it right you can't put 26" Goodyears on
by themselves. I do believe "comb" stands for
"combination".
Mark

Nope

Any or all ( there are about 5 things one can put on)

And If you think combo means you have to put two things on, put in an OAT guage or a scott TW and you'll feel better. 8)

S2D,
Are you part of the event this weekend your way?
If so, Wilbur, Dean, Mark and Randy are on their way from
Randy's. Getting hammered in the Chicago land area
with snow. Well time to go fire up the snow blower.
Oh, by the way "Why did the Snowman have a smile on his face?"

He saw the snow blower coming!
:lol:
Mark

Cedric Abbot is a straight shooter, also an active pilot. I think an AP as well. Dan Dufault should know more about this. Hey Dan?/

JIm

Penalty??

What would be the FAA's reaction to putting Goodyear 26's on a PA12??

I imagine if you had a problem, the insurance company would use no STC to disallow the claim.

Would there be a fine or would the feds just tell you to take them back off??

Dick Randel is in Florida right now. He does have an STC. He is very hard to get ahold of.

337 for 8.50 tires on a Cessna 140

For laughs and grins I also sent in 337's for my Cessna 140 for both 8.50's and 26 GY's through the same office. They denied the the 26's, but approved the 8.50's. I had no intentions of running 26 GY's on my 140, but figured field approvals are getting harder and harder to get through and though I'd just add it to the paper stack for future choices.

Roger[/quote]

Roger,

I have 1 140 that I would like to install 8.50's on. Is there any chance you would share the 337 paperwork and let me know what office you went through?

Ben

This is a 26 inch Goodyear on the plane, with a 26 inch Alaska Bushwheel being held up next to it. The Alaska Bushwheel is much larger. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Bill

Rusche_tires1.jpg

OK

I'll play the role of the dope. How can a ABW 26" tire be larger that a Goodyear 26" tire.

When you talk about 26", 29", 31", 35" tires----that's circumfrence?
OK , an *8.5 x6. What do those numbers mean to me?

I aways avoided tire shop. When they had to inflate jet tires in steel cages---I though it prudent to avoid the area.

Back