• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

big oops!

Randy

FOUNDER
S.Dakota
Looks like she's a freighter. Used to (and still do sometimes) see alot of those Luftwaffe boys at FAI.

ANYthing with a nose gear will fall on it's tail given the (im)proper loading or unloading procedures.

Can't remember if they HAVE tail stands for those things or not. I Know I've seen them one Dc-10's.

So either they forGOT the tail stand (if it uses one)....or unloaded the containers in an improper sequence leading airshen to "take a DUMP"!!

:oops: is RIGHT. Most likely SOME poor ground pounder got SUMpin' bad happenin' to him/her after THAt fiasco!!

CloudDancer :anon

:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: The unLOADMASTER was reading Cloudy's latest and trying to figure :stupid how to get the :cluck comfuzer to work and tell the :bunny from :cheers too much.

:anon should have been there :drinking: so that they had an outlet for :onfire: :onfire: because there were sure to be :agrue: :bad-words: :oops: :oops: and :boohoo happening.

(not near cloudy expertiece but

yup, they have big tripod pull around tail stands. Almost had a crew in Miami put one on its tail back in my LM days. Have to be careful to not drive the tailstand into the plane too, if there is too much pressure on it before the fuel and the rest of the load are on board, it tends to settle quite a bit.

Holy EMOticon OVERload Batman!! :crazyeyes: Duck!! :splat:

FORtunateley (at least for the sake of READing aktango58's post/reply above)...I am relatively SOber if still SLIGHTly hung Over :-? this evening.

While normally a disGUSTing state of affairs :wink: , I can only imagine had I read aktango58's post last night upon returning to my humble abode after another successful "first nite back" assualt on my favorite spirits vendor... :drinking:

Well, I most certainly would've PROMPTLY fallen out of my swivel office chair as soon as all the "lively" emoticons "swam" into view. :yikez:

As it is...I tried to read it twice to figure out WHAT the boy is SAYing?? :help

Maybe I'll look at it again after a couple of aspirin and a good night's :sleeping: have further steadied my peepers in the morning.

CloudDancer :anon

Lets see. How do you make that look good on your resume? Since you would be looking for a new job......

How about:

"Recent Accomplishments - Initiated the repair of a 747"

or

"Created a major training opportunity"

How about.. Initial design proof of concept testing for experimental B747 swing tail modification.

Back