• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

CUBCRAFTERS EARNS SECOND PRODUCTION CERTIFICATE FOR STATE

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
CUBCRAFTERS EARNS ONLY THE SECOND PRODUCTION CERTIFICATE FOR AIRCRAFT IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON

2.12.2007 Yakima, WA:

Today, Wolf Caliebe of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Manager - Seattle Manufacturing Inspection District Office (MIDO), Transport Airplane Directorate, was on hand to personally deliver Production Certificate 722NM to company president Jim Richmond and the entire CubCrafters staff. Gregg Ward, Senior Aviation Safety Inspector and Steve Slagle, Aviation Safety Inspector, also of the Seattle MIDO office, joined Mr. Caliebe for the presentation.

Richmond praised CubCrafters’ partnership with the FAA: “Unfortunately, the phrase I am with the FAA and I am here to help may have come to mean something other than what it does for us here at CubCrafters. For 27 years now, we certainly have had a close relationship with the FAA. But two years ago we made the specific decision to not only seek this production certificate, but to fully embrace the FAA’s guidance, authority and insight into a process that we thought we understood but that in time we came to learn so much more about. The single largest contributor to today’s announcement is that partnership.”

Earl Barnes, Director – Quality Assurance for CubCrafters, summed up the day’s news: “This is a culmination of months and even years of diligent, focused effort. All CubCrafters employees, partners, and customers can be justifiably proud of this accomplishment. While we are not yet quite as large as our jet-making friends over in Seattle, we now share a common FAA standard when it comes to quality, safety, manufacturing and the FAA’s view of our ability to build new aircraft repeatedly and to type design. One reason TOP CUB and SPORT CUB are the industry leaders in their respective ‘Part 23’ and ‘LSA’ categories is because we have FAA-approved quality assurance oversight governing those programs. And as exciting as today’s news is, the reality is that holding ourselves accountable daily to PC 722NM is just one important part of the aircraft manufacturing and design philosophy that guides us.”

Barnes concluded, “In raising our standards internally, we have met and surpassed those set by the administrative body for all that we do in aviation. Most important, today’s acknowledgement by the FAA is a confirmation of the disciplined approach that applies to all aircraft activities here in Yakima: TOP CUB, SPORT CUB, Super Cub restoration, maintenance, support, parts fabrication and more. Indeed, CubCrafters earning our PC is just the latest example of our unwavering commitment to the highest standards across the entire company.”

Production Certificate 722NM, FAA Form 8120-4, was issued today along with the usual applicability document, Production Limitation Record 722NM, FAA Form 8120-3, for CC18-180 ‘TOP CUB’ (CubCrafters FAR part 23 aircraft, Type Certificate A00006SE).

Steve,

A question for you reference your airplane. Does your airplane develop any sort of cabin heat at all? What does your oil temperature run? I have honestly never met such a cold airplane.
Any thoughts?

Mike

Mike,

I have a Sutton Exhaust on mine, burns me out of the airplane.

sj

I was just wondering if C C is going into the knife business..??
Is that a certifying issue?

Just a question.........

Sam

8)

Back