• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

In the Beginning.......

It was the "Nancy Drew" in me. Sometimes you just have to ask. The similarities in style were just too similar to be a coincidence.

Glad to have you aboard, Lynne!

Anne.

CD I know the all important question has been asked, but I was just reading this thread again and got to wondering, did you ever talk to the recruiter again? What'd he have to say?

Jr.CubBuilder - :howdy

The short answer is no, I never saw the recruiter's office again after meeting "Dan Gunderson" in the parking lot of that ....OOPS! I ALMOST wrote the name of the restaurant!!

That would've TOTALLY made it too easy for Skagway Pilot.... :peeper

Anyway...."Dan" and I went in and talked for a couple of hours. I went out to Arlington Muni while he drove back to Meacham and rented a 206. Flew over to Meacham and picked him up and took him for a ride. He offered my a job after ascertaining there was a fair chance of me remaining mostly upright :Gupsidown: and treating his equipment and customers with respect.

Pretty much the sole motivation I had at that point for joining the Army was flight time and V.A. benefits ($$) with which to continue to pursue my ratings.

The "chance meeting" with the man from Alaska, and his offer seemed to provide for fulfilling BOTH needs with MUCH less opportunity of being SHOT AT. Since I was only :2gunfire: TWICE (that I know of) in all my years in the Arctic....seems like a good choice in retrospect.

CloudDancer :anon

CloudDancer said:
The SKY shall become like a new lover :luv2: with whom you will cavort and spend special, sometimes VERY special times. A lover who can elate or FRUStrate you to as great a degree as any human lover ever could.

There will be times when your new love will become a raging and unruly tempest and teach you a lesson if you fail to study, learn and heed it's 'warning signs".

And there will be other priceless stolen moments spent alone in which you can only revel in the depth of your lover's awe inspiring beauty and relax under a calming peaceful spell cast over you.

Happy Flying!!

Aw shucks, now I'm getting all misty here, looking up at that beautiful sky, my face getting all wet... no, wait, it's been RAINING ALL DAY, yeah, that's it! <sigh> Thanks Cloudy, you write like an :angel:

Hiya GDF - :howdy

Truly a fine southern chain :up .....the Waffle House has ALWAYS been one of my favorite places....for ENTERTAINMENT :splat: :pty: moreso than food.

Waffle House is where you go at 0230 local after the bars close to see the freaks :frog: :pirate: :nutz: :preach whose idea of FINE DINING is Denny's, but they can't AFFORD it. :cry:

And while I think it is very commendable to "hire the handicapped" :tup: I think if they are gonna' keep hiring hearing impaired cooks :-? ....they oughta' teach the waitresses sign language so's they don't hafta' always HOLLER!! :bad-words:

Although I must admit I have ingested my share of both "Grand Slams" and Waffle House hash browns "scattered smothered covered and chunked" ( for you NORTHERN folk out there that's SCATTERED on the grill, SMOTHERED with diced onion bits, COVERED with cheese and with diced ham CHUNCKS). :Gparp: This after a long Friday night of Pearl or Lone Star beer drinking :drinking: and a few bags of HOT pork rinds :onfire: interspersed with some mechanical bull ridin' :Gcloppy: , two steppin' :boohoo and some manly fightin' :rock: OFTEN becomes SPLATTERED, :-? LATHERED :cry: and PUKED :oops: in the parking lot....Hence the entertainment value.

No. Fortunately that PARTICULAR Waffle House had not yet been built in 1973 and "Dan" continued driving.

But a good (memory-filled) guess none the less.

Cloud(I like mine Over Easy :Gupsidown: ....EGGS I MEAN)Dancer :anon

So I'm 2 years late for this guess.

But .. I'm guessing it was an IHOP just off the 183. North of Arlington and East of FTW.

DAve

CloudDancer said:
Good Luck! And the first person with the correct QUESTION will win a FREE autographed black and white cheaply framed 8 x 10 glossy photo of your favorite "sackhead" author posed seductively with a SUPERCUB!! :kiss: Said photos SHOULD be available in early May!!

What ever happened to the prize I won? :(

Brad :wink:

Hiya WideBody -

OOPS !!

I SCREWED THE POOCH on THAT ONE! A promise made is a debt unpaid sir.

Currently in a hotel in MCO WB. Let me put my thinking cap on for about 24 hours and see what I can comeup with. Never did any "publicity photos" and in fact forgot all about it. Let's just say there is no big "demand" there.

I will send you a PM tamale night when I get back to "distribution central" (mah bedroom). By then I hope to come up with an acceptable alternative.

Much Chagrined,

CloudDancer :splat:

I don't expect a thing CD, only joking with ya!!
Enjoyed your book, that's enough.
Thanks!

Brad

Cloudy,

To jump in before snert can suggest it...

I hope you're not thinking of sending out recently worn underwear like I've heard some "ladies" do... EEeeeeewwwwwwh !!

John Scott

Hiya WideBody - :howdy

Well sir, whilst I ah-PRE-she-ates yer' generous offer to "let me offa' the hook" (a true gentleman), we're gonna' have to come to a compromise.

As I said Momma CD and Poppa CD both impressed upon me young to 'fess up when ah'm wrong and to FIX up what I messed up. (Most times it was imPRESSED ontuh mah BACKside !!) :crazyeyes:

Thus I have come up with this offer from which you may choose.

There WILL be a VOL. III "The Tragedies" although it IS starting to look like a MAY publication date may slide to JUNE of this year.

I actually just have never had me, a paper sack, and a good-lookin' SuperCub come together at the same place in a long time. But I WILL in fact one day do a "publicity still".

So you can name your choice. A Freebiie Vol. III or holdout for the autographed 8 x 10 glossy when it DOES become available.

And Longwinglover - :howdy

I couldn't agree more with your assessment of Snert's thinking process. The man has read one too many Penthouse Forums. If truly "A mind is a terrible thing to waste...." Snert's got more refuse locked up inside there than a Waste Management truck at the end of the route!!

:nutz:

(Just teasin' Snert Ol' buddy...) Asides. I have been to the Snert house for dinner. He heads a WONDERUL fambly. Mrs. Snert and alla' the Snert youngun's are GREAT folks. I really enjoyed THAT layover.

And also, I'd never THINK of sending someone any of the worn womens undergarments I have. I worked TOO HARD to GET 'EM!! :bunny :pty: :drinking:

Well.... He who Dances with Clouds & Sleeps with Playmates :howdy

If you're insistent on paying a debt that was in fun :D , I'll take
a crazy photo of sorts when it becomes available.
Or a lucky coyote foot, but don't get it from SteveE
unless it was shot up North 8) .
I don't think the wife would see any humor in the panties idea,
I'd sure have a lot of splaining to do :lol: .

Brad

Back